Found an original key to the car I sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was clean out the garage . While I pick up an old stack of papers . The key of my old 1973 Camaro z28 felt out . I been looking for it for years while I still own the cars . I sold the car 7 years ago . I do want it back some day . I don’t know I should send this original key to the owner . Last time I check his fb still own the car which is 2 years ago . Part of me I want send him the key . Other part of me thinking I will buy the car back some day . He is my friend on fb just never really talk . Mabe I send him a message about found the original key .

Those old keys are mostly nostalgic. Keep it.

If this were a newer car where a chipped key costs $250 then you should give it to the new owner lol.

If he is your "friend" on FB but you never really talk, is he really your friend?

Keep the key, send the key; doesn't really make a difference because he will have made extras if he needed them.

I find it ironic that because of social media we "feel" like we are more connected and have more "friends", yet most people in confidence will admit they feel more and more distant from those around them.

I'd keep it if you have any real plan to buy the car back. Real plan would mean active saving or timeline.

Im sure the new owner ensured that they have a few keys, so having it is more of a curiosity/fun thing, just like it would be to you.

If you like knick-knacks, then keep it. If not/dont have space, then give it away unless you meet the criteria of my first line.

Looks like your earlier post went POOF and disappeared. Too bad we can't do that for all of them.
smile.gif

Also time to put you on Ignore.

Keep the key as a souvenir. I've always kept a trinket from my old cars. It's good to have memories of happy times.

Send him the key. You don't need it. He can use it.
It's not an autographed baseball or even an old birthday card from a dead relative you loved.

HUMOR:
Of course you could take the key to the car, say, around 3 AM after some drinks, and take your old car for a test drive to see if you would want to buy it back when and if the time comes.

After you wrap the car around a tree you can present him with the key and tell him what a good friend he is.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Looks like your earlier post went POOF and disappeared. Too bad we can't do that for all of them.
smile.gif

Also time to put you on Ignore.

Ignore me?
And yet you post a reply?
HUH?

Take the key, go find the car. Try key. If it still works, take a drive. If you get pulled over, you have a key so the console doesn’t look jacked up. During the drive see if it is still in your blood. If not, return the car, give him the key, and move on. If still in the blood, make him an offer, and if he accepts, enjoy what you know your missing!

Seriously though, give him the key. I’m sure he’d like it, and if you ever buy it back it will come with the car anyhow..

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Keep the key as a souvenir. I've always kept a trinket from my old cars. It's good to have memories of happy times.

I didn't do that...though I do still have a plate (TJ-209, old blue-on-white RI tag) from my first car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back