If you could only have one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I you could only have one which would you want, and why, for general purpose home and auto use:

Combination wrench set
Standard socket set with a ratchet
Deep socket set with a ratchet

I guess number 1 because you could do the most jobs with it, but the lack of a ratchet would be frustrating and make work tedious.

Number 3 is a close second, but for the times when you need a wrench you'd be out of luck.

I took the question to mean which brand wrenches and sockets you would choose to keep for a lifetime. If the option was between wrenches or sockets I would say "Shove it" because you obviously need both.

The list is incomplete. It should include 'money' because you will need it to pay someone who has all the other three next time your car needs fixing....

Claud.

Dang, that's a hard question. I can't imagine not having at least 2 of the 3 for doing most projects.

I think if I could only have 1, I'd buy the cheapest of the three and plan to outsource all work.

If I could have 2, I'd take 1 and 3.

While 2 & 3 are my go to, You just cant live without number 1. First time you need to loosen a fitting on a line you would be screwed

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
First time you need to loosen a fitting on a line you would be screwed

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Lakeside, CA

I wish I lived somewhere you could use open-end wrenches on line fittings lol. Where I am, you need line wrenches, vicegrips, hammers, and maybe a torch. Our shadetrees are the best in the country!
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back