companies that don't answer the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep my boat at a storage place and I pay 6 months in advance to get a discount. I have very few issues at all with the place and I think it's great. The only problem is if you need to get ahold of them you can forget it. My plans have changed and will be storing the boat somewhere else, but it seems the only way for me to get ahold of them is to call the credit card company and have them try and contact them and get a refund. I hate to do it that way, but it's not my fault they don't answer the phone. This will be the second time I've had to do this because nobody will call me back. Opinions? I don't think I should have to jump through hoops to get ahold of a company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever tried calling the IRS when they owe you money? I wouldn't do busineses with anyone that can't be bothered to answer their phone or check their messages. I don't have a choice with the IRS, however.
mad.gif

The nice thing is the credit card company is quick to give you your money back. I forgot how long the merchant has to respond it's like 3 days and if they don't hear anything, they give your money back.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
The nice thing is the credit card company is quick to give you your money back. I forgot how long the merchant has to respond it's like 3 days and if they don't hear anything, they give your money back.

So the charge from 6 months ago will be refunded? I would guess 6 months of storage is equal to around $300 or so.

Move out first. Then try to cancel your contract and get a refund. There may be no refund if you paid in advance.

To get in touch with a live person there, act like you need to rent a unit, either on phone or in person.

Probably no refund. Do they have a website? Do they have a "contact us" link or an email? Many companies are going to all email responses.

Why would there be no refund?

Because it's too late in the season for them to rent your space out to someone else.

No. You pay month to month but they give a discount if you pay 6 months in advance. I expect to not get the discount back but don't see why I wouldn't get the remaining balance back.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Why would there be no refund?

Because it's too late in the season for them to rent your space out to someone else.

There is no season. Someone can park any type of vehicle in that spot.

You paid for a block of 6 months, not "month to month."

Pro: Discount.
Con: 6 month commitment.

Pleasure craft stowage is SO a part of seasonal work model....a model where people "bank on" the seasonality.

Individuals who work at marinas and restaurants disappear until "the season begins". It's to be expected.

You know they know you're calling. I bet they are trying to "train" you into their seasonal schedule.

"We'll load up the yard, close the gate and we'll see you in Springtime", is what they're shooting for.

Is this stowage place insured? I'd love a description of this place as I grew up near a lot of boats and such stowage firms both indoor and outdoor.

This one IS sleezy-cheesy.

While I agree that it is very odd and rude not to return the OP's call, I take issue with the implication in this thread's title.

In our little service company we often do not answer the phone while we are working. We get regular complaints from folks who want us to always answer anytime they get the idea to call us.

Since we give each of our clients our full attention while in their home providing services we turn the phone off and resume phone service when we are finished. Then there is a short window while we drive to the next client where we can return calls. We are also available early (at worst by 7 AM). Many times a week our entire drive home is filled with calls taken/returned.

Big companies maintain a phone bank to take clients off the market. In our company you talk to a professional who can answer questions and really assist you, not just make an appointment...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
While I agree that it is very odd and rude not to return the OP's call, I take issue with the implication in this thread's title.

In our little service company we often do not answer the phone while we are working. We get regular complaints from folks who want us to always answer anytime they get the idea to call us.

Since we give each of our clients our full attention while in their home providing services we turn the phone off and resume phone service when we are finished. Then there is a short window while we drive to the next client where we can return calls. We are also available early (at worst by 7 AM). Many times a week our entire drive home is filled with calls taken/returned.

Big companies maintain a phone bank to take clients off the market. In our company you talk to a professional who can answer questions and really assist you, not just make an appointment...

I think the OP was complaining that he can't even leave a message or get his message returned.

I work in IT and have more issue with the companies who just farm out their customer service to someone in another country. It's awesome when you pay for a service contract and then spend hours on the phone with some idiot you can't understand who has no idea what you are talking about and really does not want to help you.

My trusty mechanic takes 4-5 days to return a phone call for appointment.

I just deal as he works as one man in a three garage bay place and is constantly busy. If he answered the phone he’d never finish the cars. He timeboxes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back