Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remington 870 with sabot slugs. Can't use a rifle in my area. Can use a long barrelled handgun but do not.

So far this year 5 have hit the ground. Nice 9 pointer was a victim of tc triumph .50 cal muzzleloader with 300 grain tc shockwave, 2 does with marlin 30-30 with 160 grain LEVERevolution, and 2 more does with savage 30-06 with 165 grain core-lokt. If we are doing man drives for deer then my choice is Benelli Super Nova with 3" 00 buckshot.

Savage 99e Carbine (20 inch factory barrel) in .308 Winchester. Handload with Speer 150grain spitzers.

I'm a bird and fowl hunter. Waterfowl Old Benelli SBE. Turkey, dove, grouse, pigeons, crows and pheasant I use an old Benelli M1 with an array of barrels from 21" 24" and 28". If its in my truck for no particular reason or its in my canoe its wearing the 24" also if I'm grouse hunting. Turkey hunting gets the 21" and everything else gets the 28"

Clays I use a 30" 391 beretta.

My boy is the deer hunter and uses a savage model 11 in 243 with 100 grain corelocks. Cheap gun, cheap ammo, really accurate. When he shoots it. He can outshot me on my best day with a rifle.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
Remington Gamemaster 760 in .35 Rem. Mostly Remington soft point ammo. Have killed two with it, one with a Savage 219 30-30 (great gun) and one with a 40 cal. muzzleloader. But my mother-in-law killed the one in the freezer this year. Her weapon/ammo was a '10 Grand Caravan chambered in 3.8L with 87 ammo from BP.
laugh.gif

Killed my first turkey with a 87 Subaru brat Catrol gtx strait 30wt and 87 BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back