Ace Combat 7 PS4 VR Edition ... Wow !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the aerial action in this video is actual game play, is in 3D (within the VR headset), and POV (point of view) changes w/ your head movements then... I'M IN. That's the main game changer that'll sell the system to me, is if turning and moving your head swings the cockpit view around proportionally. That will be awesome.

Should be awesome, though I'm worried it will be a too-short tech demo-type of sim; fun for a little while, and cool to show off to new visitors, but something that won't really offer a lot of replay value.

If I'm wrong (I hope I am), I'm in, too!

In a realistic modern fighter simulation, it would be quite boring, where you locate the target on radar, fire your missiles, kill target and never see it. I get it that this is an arcade simulation but VR may be better suited for something like a WWII simulation - you know - don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved the Ace Combat games that were on the PlayStation 2 a while back. They were a great mix of arcade action with a small bit of flight sim and resource management thrown it, a really good balance. And the graphics were fantastic.

Seeing this and the Star Wars Battlefront II VR space combat footage, I'm trying VERY hard not to buy a PS4. Amazon's selling a 1TB PS4 Slim with SWBII for $250 ($50 off) today and it's killing me.

Do you have the VR camera accessory if you're not planning to buy and use the two "Move" hand motion controllers? Believe the camera is just to track the two Move controllers?...

Have heard the Move controllers don't work very well and most VR users revert back to the standard PS4 gamepad controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back