Quantum X-5 Fullsyn and Quantum X-5 Max-Blend Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently discovered a new wholesale oil distributor that could be beneficial for the shop. This distributor mainly focuss on Pennzoil and QS products, but the rep also provided me with quotes on a cheaper oil option called "Quantum X-5." The pricing for the oil is extremely attractive (about 50% cheaper than the 5qt jugs of major brand oils at Walmart) and Quantum does have 0W20 and 5W30 full synthetics that are dexos1 gen 2 approved.

I did an internet search for this brand and was not able to find much information at all. The data sheets on their website are at least 4 years old. From the research I did, the Quantum brand is owned by the Calumet company- who also owns Royal Purple. I believe Calumet also has the agreement to blend the O'Reilly oils.

PQIA did a VOA on the Max-Blend oil in 2016 and it appears to be fine:
http://www.pqiadata.org/QuantumX55W30.html

Does anyone have any additional information on the Quantum line of products? Thanks.

That blend is a little thin for a 5W30 and I guess the PQIA sort of gave them a waiver on the slightly high phosphorus, but it basically looks like a good oil.
If they bothered to get dexos1 Gen 2 for their synths, that tells me that they are committed to keeping their formulations up to date...even better that their parent company is the same as RP.
Do many of your customers actually ask about the oil you use? For those who do, I'm sure this info would convince them that Quantum is OK stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back