Which Chevy Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking bout picking up one of these:
1. 08 Colorado LT, 2wd, ext cab, 5 Cyl, 86k miles, rhino lined bed ($10,500)
2. 09 Colorado 2LT, 2wd, crew cab, z71 package, 5 cyl, 123k miles, plastic bed protector ($12,300)

Both are clean int & exterior but I can tell the previous owner smoked in the 09.

Crew cab vs ext cab not a deal breaker. What’s the better deal?

A 2WD Z71?

I agree, strictly on the info given the '08 sounds like the one that'll treat you better.

Extended cab with less optional equipment will be easier for the 5 cyl. to move around, too. A friend has an '05 crew cab 4x4, 5 cyl./auto, and it doesn't have much business even having a receiver hitch.

Last edited:
Just priced the new colorados locally and the best price is $21,897 for a new 2017 (2 miles on it) for a ext cab WT model w a V6. You’re right, it’s not that far ... but still $10k more than used

Run a Carfax report on whatever vehicle you are seriously considering purchasing. There are people who sell reports for $5-10 on Craigslist. I CANT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH.

There are so many things you can find out, that are not disclosed by the sellers. Accidents, salvage or rebuilt titles, theft recoveries, lemonlaw buybacks, inconsistent mileage (odometer tampering).and more.

Also ask if the seller is the legal owner. If he is a title-flipper or “curbstoner” RUN AWAY. Ask to see their ID and match it to the registration. The good vehicles on Craigslist are gone in 24 hours. Most of what’s left are being resold for profit or have obvious issues. Buying a used car/truck on Craigslist is like walking through a minefield. Watch out!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
Run a Carfax report on whatever vehicle you are seriously considering purchasing. There are people who sell reports for $5-10 on Craigslist. I CANT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH.

There are so many things you can find out, that are not disclosed by the sellers. Accidents, salvage or rebuilt titles, theft recoveries, lemonlaw buybacks, inconsistent mileage (odometer tampering).and more.

Also ask if the seller is the legal owner. If he is a title-flipper or “curbstoner” RUN AWAY. Ask to see their ID and match it to the registration. The good vehicles on Craigslist are gone in 24 hours. Most of what’s left are being resold for profit or have obvious issues. Buying a used car/truck on Craigslist is like walking through a minefield. Watch out!

These 2 trucks are being sold at dealerships w the Carfax, bother clean titles, no accidents

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Neither for those prices.

Agree. Buy you a leftover '17 Colorado that has 100k less miles and a warranty.

This is one of the trucks? 08

Looks good and has the good interior color. For those in the east a 2wd Z71 is like the Toyota PreRunner model, bigger tires and taller suspension but 2wd. As in desert prerunner style..but you wouldn't see any PreRunners either. At least 50% of trucks out here here are 2wd and most 4wds never leave pavement or have the 4wd engaged in the life of the truck. There are also 2wd Jeeps in every model! Seriously!

Prices are what they are, what a truck sells for in Tn or Pa or Fla doesn't mean much in Cali. Good time of year to buy a truck.

My son had a Colly Z71 2WD … pretty sure it had a G80 locker …
Had no problems in 120k and traded …

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD

A Locker on a 2WD Pick-up? Interesting.

Jeff

That’s all my BIL buys … (he builds online and then shops dealers to find this setup)

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Originally Posted By: 4WD

A Locker on a 2WD Pick-up? Interesting.

Jeff

I had an electronic locking diff on my 2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 2wd. Gotta say it was good for offroad, but useless in snow as one would imagine. Almost as useless as the Detroit style locker in my 2wd S10 in the snow.

BIL does it mainly for wet boat ramps … we take my “Colorado” if going off-road …

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Originally Posted By: CleverUserName

These 2 trucks are being sold at dealerships w the Carfax, bother clean titles, no accidents

It was general advice to anyone looking to buy a used car, especially if listed on Craigslist. I’m glad you saw the Carfax reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back