2017 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my Nissan Frontier at 197K, I've been watching year end sales. With crew cab 2017 Titan 4x4s being listed for $36K (SV with Comfort/Convenience Package), I'm thinking of making an aggressive offer and seeing if I get any bites in the last 2 weeks of the year. And by aggressive, I'm thinking $30K.

Reviews I've read are generally ho-hum. Not because of anything bad specifically, but because the Titan's don't do anything better than the big 3. And they evidently stole a few design elements from Ford. I haven't read anything where people have hammered on it for mechanical or quality issues. I'm ok with having a truck that isn't better than a big 3 offering, assuming it's competitively priced. It's probably a point of leverage in negotiating price actually.

With the first year of a new design, and a new engine there is part of me that says stay away for a year or two. The 5 year/100,000 mile warranty is nice, but we all know about the "guarantee fairy" (that's a Tommy Boy reference for those of you who haven't watched the movie)...

Have any of you had any experiences with the new Titans?

Last edited:
Tax wise, don't expect a better deal because the dealers fiscal tax year might end on January 31st.
But I applaud you for looking at something that isn't a Ford/Chevy/Ram as those rule the roost where I live.

Is that $36k after rebates? What I can tell you in general is that the Nissan you are looking at has a $2500 markup at best. Probably more like $1500. The dealer would have to take a $2500-$3500 loss in order to meet your offer. Probably not going to happen.

Hey skyaktiv: Do the locals give "foreign car" owners the stink eye like they do in Detroit?

I visited a friend in Livonia (basically next door to Detroit) and saw 2 ancient VW Beetles, 2 ancient Benzes and 2 ancient Jaguars.
NO other foreign 4 wheeled metal products.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I am thinking about the same truck right now...take a look at this 27 page post regarding the transmission programming http://www.titantalk.com/forums/2016-tit...n-tsb-info.html

Thanks for that link. TitanTalk is really laggy and buggy for me for some reason, so I hadn't gotten too deep into that forum. I managed to read the last several pages and it looks like the just released update might be working? Time will tell though.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Is that $36k after rebates? What I can tell you in general is that the Nissan you are looking at has a $2500 markup at best. Probably more like $1500. The dealer would have to take a $2500-$3500 loss in order to meet your offer. Probably not going to happen.

That's good to know. It is after rebates. My hope is there may be some dealer incentive pricing out there. There also may, or may not be, some internal dealership pressure to move '17s sitting on the lot before calendar '18 rolls around.

My plan is to approach multiple dealerships and ask them to submit their best offer, and let them know they are competing with 5-6 other dealerships. I don't think I'll mention a price target, I'll just see what shakes out. This strategy has worked well in the past to uncover some of those hidden incentives, maybe it will again? Time will tell.

Last edited:
I bet you can come close to that 30k figure.
As far as the engine / Trans, that version has been used in the Infiniti QX56, now the QX80 since 2011. Plenty of power, and generally reliable.

Of course there are some software differences vs the Infiniti versions, and there have been some issues with some Titans needing a trans reflash, but I'm betting most late build 2017 Trucks are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back