Ford moving Fusion mfc from Mex and Esp to China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Corporate tax cuts there is a Good chance those factories are coming back to the United States just don't know how they will route the Unions to do it.

Corporations haven't learned. If folks here don't have jobs that pay well they can't buy their products so they can shift to the cheapest labour markets in the world and it's not going to make a lick of difference in the long run because they are taking money out of their own pockets by chasing what they think is higher profit margins by going off shore but forgetting who their customers are and that they no longer have the money to buy their stuff.

21.gif
When does the madness end?

Last edited:
Companies don't want to say it outright but losing some of the US mkt to gain the Chinese one may be in play going further.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Companies don't want to say it outright but losing the US mkt to gain the Chinese one may be in play going further.

It makes me sick that the Fusion is made in Mexico to begin with.

But did you see the same article as me, that said the cars produced in China would not be sold in NA?

So it's not clear to me how you can make the connection that they are losing the US market. Unless you think they're going to abandon the US midsize market, it would seem to me that they will have to produce something somewhere, and per the article, it will not be China.

That is one long sentence.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Corporations haven't learned. If folks here don't have jobs that pay well they can't buy their products so they can shift to the cheapest labour markets in the world and it's not going to make a lick of difference in the long run because they are taking money out of their own pockets by chasing what they think is higher profit margins by going off shore but forgetting who their customers are and that they no longer have the money to buy their stuff.

21.gif
When does the madness end?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: wemay
Companies don't want to say it outright but losing the US mkt to gain the Chinese one may be in play going further.

It makes me sick that the Fusion is made in Mexico to begin with.

But did you see the same article as me, that said the cars produced in China would not be sold in NA?

So it's not clear to me how you can make the connection that they are losing the US market. Unless you think they're going to abandon the US midsize market, it would seem to me that they will have to produce something somewhere, and per the article, it will not be China.

I edited my comment to read "some of the US mkt".

Just throwing a thought into the ring; So North America are on a path to phasing out internal combustion engines. China, the fastest growing market right now, seems to have no such plans. So gear up to make the product inside its core market. Perhaps Ford has plans to build alternative powered vehicles in place of the old plants.
On the other hand the directors and major shareholders probably don't care about the welfare of those put out of work, if the profits are still rolling in from elsewhere. The ugly face of capitalism perhaps?.

Claud.

Claud,
China is, at least, discussing eliminating the internal combustion engine, and have some pretty ambitious short/medium term fuel effiency requirements. With that in mind, I don't think ford is moving to China to participate in a market that will continue consuming IC engines in the long term.

I think it may just be a condition of a massive market, and hoping to keep margins high to pay for further alternative power sources.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If folks here don't have jobs that pay well they can't buy their products

Doesn't matter to them. China is the biggest auto market in the world, so they might as well cater to the Chinese. Yesterday I fixed a Chinese exchange student's car with Chinese parts and a Chinese scantool - no joke. RIP North America
cry.gif

Ford may not sell the complete Chinese-made car to North American customers, but I bet individual parts that a dealership sells would be manufactured in China.

^^Yes. This exactly.
The days of the American consumer threatening to stop...consuming, and said threats being meaningful is rapidly coming to an end. The US will surely remain a powerhouse but will be challenged by the far east nation for top billing. The Chinese market is massive, virgin and "welcoming" at the moment. The infighting between Unions, Mgt and government regulation (whom ever is right or wrong) can be sidestepped by moving production there. At least for the foreseeable future.

GM has sold many units in China … the concept of build near the consumer is widespread now regardless of what just happened in Oz …

Ford and the other non-Chinese auto makers better be aware of what's going to happen when the Chinese government decided their auto industry can stand on its own and promptly seizes most of the foreigners' assets and continues to use their IP without any regards for its true ownership.
They are playing a different game than the Western world and everybody needs to be aware of that. And, yes, such actions are quite typical for any emerging economy (the fledgling USA did similar things to the mightily miffed Brits).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back