Snow tires for '16 Camry SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if 15" wheels will fit on this. Yah, I know, stock size is 17", but 16s will fit because 16"s are stock for my LE. For a couple reasons I believe 205 70 15s would be a better size for pot hole season than 50 series tires on 17s 15s are 20$ less for Altimax Artics. For me to discover this on my own would require removing a front wheel. I would prefer to pick someone's brain. TIA

Measure the front caliper clearance that would be the sticking point usually.

Does it look like you have over 1.25" of space at the closest point on the caliper to the wheel

keep in mind you may have to also clear sticky weights if its an alloy wheel.

Also not all wheels are created equally..

there are rally type wheels that have loads more clearance than.. factory oem type.

FWIW: 2015 forester has 11.551" rotors and initially they said even some 16" wheels wouldnt fit.. but most do.

2016 camry has a 11.654" rotor.. so I'd doubt any normal 15" wheels would fit. 16" will probably be fairly tight unless they have a really low profile caliper.

205/65-16 is the standard 16" size which is more than enough, also the size I have on my Sonata.

TireRack does not show any 15" winter package options for your car, so my guess would be no.

205/65/16 still has plenty of sidewall for winter, IMO.

15's will not fit. On my 12 Camry SE I'm running 16's off of my 01 Camry XE with 205/65-16 Blizzks for winter. 17 inch inch the summer. 16 inch wheels just clear the caliper.

I cant comment on the compatibility of 15 inch wheels, but I agree with your logic of providing more sidewall for bad winter roads.

My Sienna came with 17 alloys, but I fit it with 16 inch steel wheels and snow tires in a higher profile for the winter season. I knew they would fit because the lower level Sienna's came with 16 inch wheels from the factory. Did the same thing with my newer Mazda CX-9. The smaller winter tire packages were listed by Tire Rack in both instances.

If Tire Rack does not list 15 inch snow tire packages for your vehicle, I would be inclined to think that they wont fit over the calipers. They seem to be pretty up to date with all the possible options. Just try to keep the overall circumference as close to the stock tire as possible to minimize speedometer error.

The stock wheel size for an 06 Camry is a 15x6.5 in wheel. Since a 2016 Camry comes with 16 wheels usually going once inch smaller is acceptable. Here are some 15 inch wheel options from TR. You can always contact TR and see what they say or send a away for one 15 inch wheel and see how it fits. Then go from there.

Camry Wheels

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
nm

The same thing happens when I plug in the info for an 05 Matrix with only 16" wheel options coming up. But if you plug in the info for an 05 Corolla which is the same basic car all the 15" wheel options will appear.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The stock wheel size for an 06 Camry is a 15x6.5 in wheel. Since a 2016 Camry comes with 16 wheels usually going once inch smaller is acceptable. Here are some 15 inch wheel options from TR. You can always contact TR and see what they say or send a away for one 15 inch wheel and see how it fits. Then go from there.

Camry Wheels

15's will not fit. New design Camry in 2007, and everything later, 16 inch is the minimum wheel size.

Originally Posted By: Traction
15's will not fit. New design Camry in 2007, and everything later, 16 inch is the minimum wheel size.

Will 15's fit on a Matrix? 16" is the minimum size but Corollas of that era had 15" wheels. Same engine, trans etc...Also same concept as the Camry going one inch smaller.

15's will not fit. On my 12 Camry SE I'm running 16's off of my 01 Camry XE with 205/65-16 Blizzks for winter. 17 inch inch the summer. 16 inch wheels just clear the caliper.

No such thing as an 01 Camry XE. You're either missing a letter or made a typo. I looked in your sig for clarification, nothing there either.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

No such thing as an 01 Camry XE. You're either missing a letter or made a typo. I looked in your sig for clarification, nothing there either.

I forgot after 10 years. It was a XLE, but the same 16 inch aluminum wheels off of that car have been used with Blizzaks for winter on 3 different Camry's. 2001 XLE, a 2007 Hybrid XLE, and now a 2012 SE. And will fit the next one too. Wife burns through Camry's quick at 25kmi+ per year, and it seems like I just changed the oil yesterday all the time. Used the same size 205/65-16's on all 3 cars, so along with the wheels, the tires can move from car to car too.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I went with 16"

Good deal. What tires did you wind up going with?

My mom still has the factory Michelins on her 2016 LE, but I think she's only got 20K miles on it at most. They look almost new yet and she says it does really well in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back