Do you celebrate Christmas on the day or eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was working my full time job before I retired, I often worked on Christmas Day. So while we prefer to celebrate on Christmas Day we often did so on Christmas Eve if I had to work.

How about you?

I celebrate it for all 12 days
wink.gif

Man do you work for PUGH?

When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's I recall we all opened one smaller gift or stocking stuffer on Christmas eve and then made the giant wrapping paper mountain of trash on Christmas day. The Christmas celebration started after Thanksgiving and went through New Year's Day.

Were you working in the Pulpit?
smile.gif

Both. On Christmas eve my wife, daughter and I will go to my mother's house with my sister. Christmas day we're going to my wife's parents house with all of my wife's siblings.

We rotate families. It is my year this year so my father's side Christmas eve and mother's day. On my wife's year it is the same but with their family in Buffalo.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's I recall we all opened one smaller gift or stocking stuffer on Christmas eve and then made the giant wrapping paper mountain of trash on Christmas day. The Christmas celebration started after Thanksgiving and went through New Year's Day.

smile.gif

Law enforcement

Both...in-laws for Christmas Eve dinner and that side of the family, go home with the kids and they open MOST of their gifts. Christmas morning they each get one gift from "Santa" even though they're in college, then go to my wife's sister's house from brunch, early dinner at my parents' house (no gifts there except the "kids"...we're all adults and quit doing gifts years ago).

Debating on whether to take the dogs or leave them at home for these events.

Truth be known, I'd be just as happy to stay home and vegetate.

I'm on-call Christmas Day this year, so if we get a death call I may have to go to the office. Thankfully we have younger folks making the first calls and removals, but if there are arrangements I'll have to go in.

Last edited:
Fortunately, all of my wife's and my family live within a 50 mile radius. We'll be going to several different get-togethers from the 23rd until whenever.

Both - but it really seems to last about a week.

Close family, big family, in-laws, friends ... it all adds up!

I don't mind it one bit. Tiring? Yeah - a bit. But joyous.

In Finland where i'm from generally the kids open their presents on the evening of the 24th, usually both the 24th and 25th are celebrated together with the whole family.

Here in Spain the "festive season" lastslonger since Spain also celebrates "Reyes Magos" ( Three Kings or Three Wise Men ) on January 6, after January 6 basically the festivities are over.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

smile.gif

Law enforcement
I didn't want a truthful answer - just Joking.

L.E. has its Pulpit, doesn't it? But many prps just keep following the same wrong crowd wrong path.

Since Mom had a Christmas ornament business and Pop had a 1/4 interest in the family farm which had converted from prunes/pears to Christmas trees, we "celebrated" every day it seems. That is Christmas was mostly work and rushing around ...

The actual family part was small on X-Mas eve and again on the morning ...

Christmas Eve presents and pizza with Daughter and family. Then back over for Christmas day dinner.

Im half Ukrainian, my mums side of the family is Ukrainian, we get to celebrate Xmas twice, 25th December and 6th Jan (Ukrainian Xmas Eve). Only get presents once on the 25th Dec though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back