Blue Driver anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I currently have torque pro and this dongal...
https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS

Not too terribly impressed.

I am not expecting $1,000 scan tool capabilities.

I am hoping for some of the proprietary PIDs to be included.
It has much more than ny torque pro has, at least with the bafx dongal.

Just curious if anyone here has the Blue Driver and if they can compare to torque pro and fir that matter a good hand held scanner?

Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS

Last edited:
From the video reviews I've seen, it appears to do exactly what Torque does for 5x the price. I haven't seen anyone demonstrate any impressive capabilities in BlueDriver. And you're spending $100, so you're more than halfway to buying a decent tool like an Autel MD802.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
From the video reviews I've seen, it appears to do exactly what Torque does for 5x the price. I haven't seen anyone demonstrate any impressive capabilities in BlueDriver. And you're spending $100, so you're more than halfway to buying a decent tool like an Autel MD802.

It doesn't do the enhanced codes (abs,tranny,hvac, etc.) that it claims to??

Going through the vehicle applications on the FAQ page, I did notice that not all brands/models/years had enhanced codes capabilities. I.E., KIA was one. Unlike the other major players, Lemur does not list a comprehensive vehicle model-code capability list. All of the other brands lag 2 to 4 model years behind for enhanced codes while the Blue Driver claims enhanced codes for many current models (sub $200 scan tools). I would investigate this.

Hoping to hear from someone that actually owns one and has put it through its paces.

I have the Blue Driver. For domestics it’s great. I can read everything on my Camaro and Mustang and even my brother’s Jeep Patriot. ABS, airbag, transmission, etc. Imports not so much. I was on the beta team that experimented on Nissan and Infiniti and they are starting to get more enhanced capabilities but not much right now.

Use it as a code reader and it’s great. Especially when testing out a car you are looking to buy. You plug it in and can see any history you want right there on the test drive.

But if you are using it as a pro “scan tool” I would pass and get an Autel or Launch for a little bit more.

I just picked up an Autel MD808 pro. It's the upgraded version of the MD802. It has pretty much everything you'll need at this price point before going to a full bidirectional scan tool. JB tool sale currently has them on sale with free shipping. I also head great things about the foxwell nt510 if you only working on one make of car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back