Bosch/Exide AGM Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads-up, this is my first aftermarket AGM battery purchase.

I'll return the felt wraparound washers I purchased and get my money back.

I just replaced one in my Cavalier this past summer. Lasted 5 years and then no current.

Thanks OP
I just picked one up to replace my leakage group 35 Kirkland battery that is just over 4 years old.
No experiences with AGM batteries until now. Let's see how long this would last.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Did you compare centech impedance on old vs new?

The old one was about 7. I did not have my tester with me so I was unable to check the new one.

I finally had a chance to test the battery using the HF tester. This battery is only rated for 440cca but the tester is showing a significantly higher number. Impedance is also quite low at 3.75; the old interstate and most other 51r batteries have tested in the 6-7 range for me. The car continues to crank much faster than I ever recall.

Due to the Pep Boys Black Friday sale, I have the opportunity to purchase a Bosch (Exide) AGM Battery for the Accord at an unusually low price- $93 after all discounts and rebates.

My preference for batteries has been the WorldSourceOne (Deka Premium) line, but I have always wanted to try an AGM battery for giggles. However, my main concern is with the quality of Exide produced batteries.

Does anyone have experience with the Exide line of AGM batteries?

Thanks.

I would never buy an Exide battery, and, after a somewhat unsatisfactory experience with the two green top Interstate's in my two vehicles, I am starting to feel that way about Johnson Controls as well (though time will tell).

I would stick with Deka

FWIW Exide bought Gould/GNB who in the 70's developed the first AGM batteries and were tops in quality for industrial batteries.

Disclaimer, Exide pays my pension......

I have the opportunity to purchase a Bosch (Exide) AGM Battery for the Accord at an unusually low price- $93 after all discounts and rebates.

Looks like a small battery. The one in an 07 Corolla is a Group 35.
crazy.gif
lol.gif

Plus the Group 35 battery has 650 CCA versus the 440 in the smaller battery. No wonder many Accord owners upsize the battery from the lawn tractor one that the 4cyl comes with.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I have the opportunity to purchase a Bosch (Exide) AGM Battery for the Accord at an unusually low price- $93 after all discounts and rebates.

Looks like a small battery. The one in an 07 Corolla is a Group 35.
crazy.gif
lol.gif

Plus the Group 35 battery has 650 CCA versus the 440 in the smaller battery. No wonder many Accord owners upsize the battery from the lawn tractor one that the 4cyl comes with.

CCA really does not mean much, going higher will not supply more amps to the starter. The most important number is the AH rating.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NDL
Due to the Pep Boys Black Friday sale, I have the opportunity to purchase a Bosch (Exide) AGM Battery for the Accord at an unusually low price- $93 after all discounts and rebates.

My preference for batteries has been the WorldSourceOne (Deka Premium) line, but I have always wanted to try an AGM battery for giggles. However, my main concern is with the quality of Exide produced batteries.

Does anyone have experience with the Exide line of AGM batteries?

Thanks.

I would never buy an Exide battery, and, after a somewhat unsatisfactory experience with the two green top Interstate's in my two vehicles, I am starting to feel that way about Johnson Controls as well (though time will tell).

I would stick with Deka

Exide Batteries.... Never Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back