Hydraulic fluid for excavator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am purchasing my first excavator which is a 2006 Doosan Daewoo solar 75v 18k lb machine. I will need to change the hydraulic fluid. I believe it specs for AW46 which is a 20wt. TSC has their Premium universal fluid that is a 10w20 which I believe is a higher quality oil than the AW46. It will also flow better on those 10 degree days. Is this a direct substitute or am I going in the wrong direction with this.

Last edited:
I am referring to their Premium fluid. I know 303 is low quality.

I just called one of the major manufactures and the tech was very knowledgeable. He recommended the universal tractor trans hydraulic fluid over an iso46 for a multitude of reasons. Add pack and a the cold start pump ability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: liberty
I just called one of the major manufactures and the tech was very knowledgeable. He recommended the universal tractor trans hydraulic fluid over an iso46 for a multitude of reasons. Add pack and a the cold start pump ability.

Yes ... only if UTTO (of appropriate viscosity grade ) is a requirement in a specific tractor equipment among your many holdings ...
for purposes of oil rationalisation, otherwise why bother.

In your circumstances, UTTO isn't appropriate for its availability and price ...
not that it can't replace a generally cheaper dedicated hydraulic AW 32/46/68 oils as required by Doosan.

Last edited:
Actually they are the same price by me. I like the advantage of the cold weather flow when i start the excavator at 10 degrees f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back