2000 Ford V10 Triton 15000 miles Mobil one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: johnchui1984
Thanks for the report! Did they also test TAN besides TBN?

No, I never asked them to.

A partical count before the addition of the bypass filter is what will tell the whole story on the Bypass filters effectiveness. Nice numbers on the uoa.

Originally Posted By: CT8
A partical count before the addition of the bypass filter is what will tell the whole story on the Bypass filters effectiveness. Nice numbers on the uoa.

True, this is a cheap truck I bought so I can have something to drive while I re-power my F350 and restore my sisters 1993 Dodge D250. I just took a sample to see how the engine was wearing.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Moly seems quite low for M1 oil of any wt. Normally it's between 65-85 PPM.

True, the guy I bought it from said he used Mobile 0ne 5W20, but as blackstone mentioned it looks like either it was another oil or additives were added. You never know when you buy something like this if people are telling you the truth.:)

Thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

I can't wait to be done with my Amsoil regular oil filters so I can put on the Bypass and see how it goes... The only reason I'm going with this over the MG is because I can run it 2 years with the miles I drive and the size of filter I will be using and I want to see how far I can push the oil without make-up oil and a new bypass filter.
grin2.gif

UOA shows decent wear rates. Nothing of concern.

The old Mod Motors soldier on quiet well. This one is no different.

I watched your vid; good looking Excursion.

Curious, with that kind of mileage, if the exhaust manifolds have started to tick (leak) yet, due to some broken studs? One of the few Achilles heels of that long engine.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
UOA shows decent wear rates. Nothing of concern.

The old Mod Motors soldier on quiet well. This one is no different.

I watched your vid; good looking Excursion.

Curious, with that kind of mileage, if the exhaust manifolds have started to tick (leak) yet, due to some broken studs? One of the few Achilles heels of that long engine.

Thanks, it's got 178,000 miles on it and no leaks. Has a few engine codes that I need to address, but other than that it's a healthy engine.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back