15' Dodge Journey 2.4L - Amsoil 5w20 10k KM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mileage listed on the report are in Kilometers.
So this 9,700km run is actually 6K miles. (Sample only, not changed)

I'm going to try different things to get moisture content down as KF water is reading high. Otherwise it's stellar and can go much much longer and I'm really happy about this because I intend to do bypass filtration with this engine.

It appears this is still the older formualtion and not the newer stuff like I thought. (Lower calcium in newer formulation). I must have old stock.

I also regularly redline the engine on the highway with my lead foot.

Last edited:
Does blackstone actually test for water? They all say 0 or less than 0.1%, which is 1000ppm so if you used blackstone I don't think they would've flagged anything. I'd assume most hwy driven cars have water at zero but maybe that's not always the case?

Like you say, you don't have the low-Ca new version of Amsoil. How does one make sure they aren't getting old stock Amsoil that has been sitting in some poor "rep's" garage due to MLM requirements when he signed up to be a rep?

Also, low iron, man! That engine is not a Toyota or Honda, so its Universal Average must be way more than what you got. Amsoil is good oil, no doubt.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Like you say, you don't have the low-Ca new version of Amsoil. How does one make sure they aren't getting old stock Amsoil that has been sitting in some poor "rep's" garage due to MLM requirements when he signed up to be a rep?

Also, low iron, man! That engine is not a Toyota or Honda, so its Universal Average must be way more than what you got. Amsoil is good oil, no doubt.

Where the heck do you guys come up with this garbage!!!??? Amsoil has zero, no, none "MLM requirements". It's always with bee-ess here on BITOG. IF you don't know the truth, or fact, just don't vomit something on a screen. Thanks.

ALL Amsoil's multiple warehouses are FIFO. The new formula came out, probably after he poured this oil in. But ordering online will get you warehouse fresh, coming to my shop, I actually now have the latest. But the bigger, question and statement - it does not seem to matter. Essentially no wear metals. Nice UOA.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
ALL Amsoil's multiple warehouses are FIFO. The new formula came out, probably after he poured this oil in. But ordering online will get you warehouse fresh, coming to my shop, I actually now have the latest. But the bigger, question and statement - it does not seem to matter. Essentially no wear metals. Nice UOA.
Only if you order online. So you concede my point. I see. Getting old stock from a local rep means you might get whatever he has in his garage.

I miscalculated and thought I had the new formula in the engine but I guess I didn't. It's ok... I will order some for the next change and put that in before using my stash so I can see what the differences are before I change to Bypass filtration.
20.gif

I think I'm addicted to UOA's.
grin2.gif

Hey Stevie, is this the $60 dollar report or the more expensive one? I've never used Dyson before, but I've heard great things about it.

Only if you order online. So you concede my point. I see. Getting old stock from a local rep means you might get whatever he has in his garage.

As far as I can see, the labeling is clearly different between the two. Finding that information required minimal effort, by the way.

Yes Pablo. It's UOA's like these and mileage like my Santa Fe in my Signature that keeps me using Amsoil. The longer I keep a vehicle on the road without a payment is the more money I put back in my pocket. Even if I had to spend more on Amsoil to do that it wouldn't be anywhere near a new vehicle payment.
grin2.gif

I'm an Amsoil lifer at this point.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Yes Pablo. It's UOA's like these and mileage like my Santa Fe in my Signature that keeps me using Amsoil. The longer I keep a vehicle on the road without a payment is the more money I put back in my pocket. Even if I had to spend more on Amsoil to do that it wouldn't be anywhere near a new vehicle payment.
grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less. That would be even more money back in your pocket.

For example, I see I have more miles so far on my vehicles (without a payment) and I've never used Amsoil. I also don't have bypass filtration, in fact all my cars have used OEM filters since new, yet none have excessive consumption issues. I've hardly ever done a UOA either except to check for specific issues such as coolant contamination. Think how much money I have in my pocket just because I'm not paying for a UOA, especially a Dyson analysis.

Not saying it isn't a good oil, and that you may do it for reasons other than the ones you state above. However I'd say your perceived ROI as you outline it is much more a product of your imagination than anything else.

I must of been mistaken. You wrote "due to MLM requirements when he signed up to be a rep?"

Why did you write this?

People seem to have this immediate need to attack Amsoil. Just making things up. I am curious as to why.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less. That would be even more money back in your pocket.

For example, I also see I have more miles so far on my vehicles (without a payment) and I've never used Amsoil. I also don't have bypass filtration, in fact all my cars have used OEM filters since new yet none have excessive consumption issues. I've nearly never done a UOA either except to check for specific issues such as coolant contamination.

Not saying it isn't a good oil, and that you may do it for reasons other than the ones you state above. However, I'd say your perceived ROI is more imagined than anything. But maybe that's just me.

Think what you want. I have done UOA's in the past on my Santa Fe comparing M1 and Amsoil and the Amsoil was far superior in the results but I said nothing here because people love to hate Amsoil. You seem to belong to that group as well so I will end that conversation here.
wink.gif

I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less.

Maybe. But you KNOW if it was 4 PPM Fe and no other wear metals with another oil, people would be salivating and celebrating. Sweet, come to papa praises!
lol.gif

People seem to have this immediate need to attack Amsoil. Just making things up. I am curious as to why.

This drives me crazy about BITOG. If this were any other oil it would be the oil of choice because the results are so outstanding but because it's Amsoil it's find any reason to hate on it. Like because it's sold directly and not through typical retail channels like Walmart Whatever... Their loss.

Last edited:

I'll bet you'd get the same UOA and other results with an oil costing a lot less.

Maybe. But you KNOW if it was 4 PPM Fe and no other wear metals with another oil, people would be salivating and celebrating. Sweet, come to papa praises!
lol.gif

If it was Iron and nothing else I would think it was M1. Remember that rhetoric from past BITOG discussions. Oh M1 and high iron wear.
lol.gif

Think what you want. I have done UOA's in the past on my Santa Fe comparing M1 and Amsoil and the Amsoil was far superior in the results but I said nothing here because people love to hate Amsoil. You seem to belong to that group as well so I will end that conversation here.
wink.gif

As is typical of people who can't make a technical argument, you trot out the "hate" label. So be it, but there's nothing in what I said that even remotely deserves that overused word.

So those "superior" UOAs (as you define them), do they translate to increased longevity? If so, how exactly?

This drives me crazy about BITOG. If this were any other oil it would be the oil of choice because the results are so outstanding but because it's Amsoil it's find any reason to hate on it. Like because it's sold directly and not through typical retail channels like Walmart Whatever... Their loss.

Actually no, the problem is that there are a number of very good oils available even at Walmart. The distinction is lost unfortunately. Can you make a technical argument that (for example) Castrol 0W-40 available at nearly every Walmart for around $4.60 a quart is inferior to any Amsoil offering?

And again there is that word hate, completely unnecessary in this thread.

Is the Journey still under warranty thus the short run? I’d expect 10-15k miles kilometer equivalent for someone running Amsoil since that is one of their selling points.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Is the Journey still under warranty thus the short run? I’d expect 10-15k miles kilometer equivalent for someone running Amsoil since that is one of their selling points.

This was a sample only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back