Techron or sta-bil storage for semi storage car

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my cobra terminator . I drive it once in a while so it sit in garage most of the time , I consider it as a storage for winter ( đŸ˜‚
laugh.gif
but I know where we at it’s nothing compare to up north , so car here pretty much can drive all year round , anyway it’s kinda storage but some time I want to drive it too . It’s currently running 93 oct chevron gas . I want keep my fuel fresh also keep my fuel system clean . Should I use stabil red bottle or chevron Techron ? Thanks

I understand Techron/PEA to be a detergent/cleaner, not a stabilizer, so I'd put in the Stabil (I use the marine or 360 versions). If I had Techron laying around, I might add some in addition, but not instead of the Stabil.

I stored a car with a steel tank and atmospheric venting for 6 months and it started up just fine coming out of storage.

When it was down to a quarter of a tank of fuel I added one full bottle of Redline SI1 and one full bottle of Marine Stabil, and filled the tank to the top with Shell 99 octane.
Drove to the storage location and left it there with no other prep apart from disconnecting the battery (IIRC) and at the end of the 6 months it started and drove with no fuel related issues.

IMO, you may want to worry more about the seals/o-rings issues with low mileage driven car than the fuel living in MS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: CT8
Stabil is a marketing scam.

Any proof to back that up?
I had a boat fron 1972 untill 2002 and never use a gas additive for storage as well as a power washer not run for 3 years and no problems. 2 Honda lawn mowers and 2 string trimmers that sit from the end of October until May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back