New battery firms up CVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car was cranking over slower than usual lately so I replaced the battery. (14 Accord) Ever since then the CVT has "crisped" up, less "rubber bandy" feel. I'm actually very impressed with how it feels now.

Am I imagining things? Any reason this could be real?

What say you...

35.gif

Just curious, what did you replace it with? I've heard a lot of people complaining the original 51R does not last very long. I just hit three years on my '15 Accord so I'm keeping my eyes open.

On some vehicles when the battery is replaced the adaptive or learning comes into play. After a few days it will go back to a normal or previous state usually.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Just curious, what did you replace it with? I've heard a lot of people complaining the original 51R does not last very long. I just hit three years on my '15 Accord so I'm keeping my eyes open.

O'Reilly's three year battery, was about $150. I swapped it at the store so no core charge.

The mileage has dropped! From 33 to 30, same exact driving.

So I guess it's "relearning", good, I'll keep driving it hard and maybe I'll like it better. I really don't care about 3 mpg.

If I'm not mistaken, Honda's will accept group 35 in place of the 51R. I just did this on a 15CRV.

-m

Bet you are correct meep. I would MUCH rather have a good group 35 instead of a 51r battery.

My Santa Fe was like that... When I changed the battery the shifts were much more abrupt for a couple days and then it went back to the way it was. It had adaptive whatever...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Bet you are correct meep. I would MUCH rather have a good group 35 instead of a 51r battery.

I replaced the 51 in my Accord with a 35.
Much more stout battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back