California Air Tools anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered this for some basic stuff like future brad nailing, tire pressure, blowing out dirt, etc.

California Air Tools CAT-2010A 1.0HP 2 Gallon Ultra Quiet Aluminum Tank Air Compresso

Not sure if I will ever uses any air tools. Cordless drill/driver works well for me in mist apps.

Just curious if you have had any experience with them?
Again, I already ordered based on reviews etc so it's a mute point. Just curious.
smile.gif

https://www.walmart.com/ip/California-Ai...13=&veh=sem

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Never heard of them. But it seems like a lot of that kind of stuff comes from the same factory in china. Just different stickers.

I think they are made in California with some Chinese parts.
I would have to double check that though.

Their claim to fame is that they are VERY quiet.

Last edited:
I run a California Air Tools compressor, specifically because it is very quiet. I have a 4.6 gallon aluminum twin tank model. It works great. I did have one of the air pressure gauges crack at the fitting. They were pretty quick about sending a replacement part under warranty. Lot of Chinese parts on it, as expected. I use it for airing tires and pin/brad/finish nailing.

Originally Posted By: Iowegian
Never heard of them. But it seems like a lot of that kind of stuff comes from the same factory in china. Just different stickers.

Correction, made in China. Company originated in California.

I doubt anything is made in the US or it would be all over their website. They opened an air tank factory in Mexico in 2014 per their website.

Correction, made in China. Company originated in California.
Ya probably moved out of the state due to the huge regs Calif puts on small businesses.

I just bought one of their small compressors. Very quiet and fills tank quickly. Very impressed.

Originally Posted By: ted s
how big of compressor do i need to use an impact to remove lug nts?

Take a look at the specs of the impact wrench, it hsould have a CFM rating that should give you a rough idea of how powerful of a compressor you'll need. A smaller compressor will probably work, but you'll be waiting a bit while the compressor kicks back on and catches up. In general though, get the biggest one you can afford and can fit in your shop
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back