Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 2005 Legacy wagon GT(2.5 turbo like STI/WRX) with 5 speed manual original owner and 227,000 miles.

It starts very reliably. However the oddball case is if you stall it which is quite rare but if it happens restarts are quite hard and normally take a few tries. Today my wife stalled due to mound of snow in driveway.

I went back in 10 mins and restarted fine but I did turn on car without starting for 30 seconds before cranking. Wife nervous as first time no start and this is her 35 miles each way commuter car.

Any ideas?

I'm not a Subaru expert, but some reasons for stalling include a dirty TB, bad cam/crank sensors, bad IACV, clogged fuel filter...

You said leaving the key to the run position for 30 sec helped it start, which may indicate a fuel issue.

Is the CEL on? When you turn the key to run, do you hear the fuel pump prime?

Last edited:
Could be a flooded condition. She would have been on the gas pedal when it stalled in mound of snow.

Last edited:
Dang iPad autocorrect. Should read Valve, not Value.

If car stalls then scan OBD codes. Any of the possibilities will trigger a code.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Could be a flooded condition. She would have been on the gas pedal when it stalled in mound of snow.

I asked mechanic and stated this exactly. Subaru’s flood themselves with fuel when stalled. The fix wait or crank with pedal to floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back