Telsa Model X - Towing a trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Does anybody on here know anybody with a Model X that they tow a trailer with? I know the tow package is an option, but I've never actually seen anybody tow a trailer with one.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Found a video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjGGcQ704xM

And this:

More examples

I know it has been done, hence the availability of the package, I'm more curious as to the actual experience. Figuring somebody might be able to offer up a personal anecdote based on what they've experienced or what somebody who they know who does it, has told them.

It took me a while but I found the picture I took last spring, I saw one pulling an RZR

That looks like a U-Haul trailer, those things are heavy!

Was hoping for a BITOG'er perspective. I know two people with the Model S, nobody with an X
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Saw one tonight coming back from work but it was being towed on the back of a tow truck.

lol.gif

When did they start calling sedans “SUV”s? Maybe “wagon”? Hatch?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tcp71
When did they start calling sedans “SUV”s? Maybe “wagon”? Hatch?
Who said SUV?

Tesla cars strike me as low, wide, with a lot of mass at the very bottom and well distributed. Plus the electric motors give instant full torque, meaning that that they should be a decent tow vehicle from a power standpoint.

I'm sure it kills range, but I doubt anyone is trying it for the long run.

Plenty of regular cars are used to tow in Europe. Following safety and speed laws, I don't see a huge issue. My Saab was rated for 3500lb!

Need two Model Xs...one on the road, and a fully charged one on the trailer fir when that one goes flat.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Need two Model Xs...one on the road, and a fully charged one on the trailer fir when that one goes flat.

Just mount a little Honda inverter generator to the trailer and charge in the go! Energy recovery should be good too!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Just mount a little Honda inverter generator to the trailer and charge in the go! Energy recovery should be good too!

diesel.

Like that you can brag you have a full plug-in diesel hybrid...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Yes, the regenerative braking would be enhanced markedly.

http://www.evnut.com/rav_longranger.htm

Unfortuately you lose the tow bar...maybe hook it up to the X on the trailer if you've got a big enough trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back