Fleetguard LF9028 Dual Flow Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally had a chance to cut one of these open. All media damage/distortion is due to my poor cutting and handling methods. Going to remember to order a filter cutter.

This filter has two filters in one: A standard Stratapore Venturi filter, and also a "stacked disc" bypass media section that filters to below 2-microns according to Cummins Filtration.

This filters was run for one single 27,800 mile OCI. Being a diesel filter, it is of course blacker than the darkest night.

Thanks for posting! If you want a really nice filter cutter, the one from Fleetguard is very good. Will do filters from 1" up to 6+" in diameter and is nicely balanced. Fleetguard part# 3310587S

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PiperOne
Thanks for posting! If you want a really nice filter cutter, the one from Fleetguard is very good. Will do filters from 1" up to 6+" in diameter and is nicely balanced. Fleetguard part# 3310587S

LOL and for that price it should clean the house and do dinner once a week!

With 27k miles on the change I’m guessing the Ram is deleted?

What oil was changed out that went that far?

I’ve had good results with the Donaldson DBL7349 but have been eyeing the LF9028 as well with reasonable pricing online.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

How much were they? I got mine for free (fleet level filter usage though).

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

How much were they? I got mine for free (fleet level filter usage though).

Amazon nearly $270.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Any chance of a UOA or a particle count from your oil on this one? I run these on my Ram, but it would take 6 years for me to get 30K on mine.

My UOA is here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4491133/2007.5_Ram_Cummins_6.7,_26k_mi#Post4491133

Was actually closer to 27k miles. My mistake.

No particle count. Next time.

Quote:
. With 27k miles on the change I’m guessing the Ram is deleted?

What oil was changed out that went that far?

I’ve had good results with the Donaldson DBL7349 but have been eyeing the LF9028 as well with reasonable pricing online

Yes, deleted. Schaeffer's CJ4 15w/40 semi-syn.

I've gone back and forth with both filters as evidenced by my failure to update my Sig.

I might just pull the trigger on that high ticket filter cutter. Have plenty I'd like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back