Amsoil singnature series

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i want is you sharing your experience with amsoil products. I am from scandinavia and they dont sell amsoil products in the stores so i did order online. Have read a lot of good things about the company.

I always order online, get a preferred customer discount, Pablo should be able to help you out with that. I posted a UOA from my 2010 Lancer with 16,000 s, there were no metals and lots of TBN left, so I recommend it.

Top shelf products I use many others than just signature series for auto I would run full length OLM or extended intervals with the support of UOA. Filter choice I ran RP or FU.

Their products seem like good ones, but some of their products do not carry actual certifications so be aware of that if your vehicle requires a specific spec.

Beyond that, are you at a loss for high quality oils there in Finland to the point that you have to mail-order a product? What is your reasoning for doing so?

I found them to be OK, a little noisy in my application. For me the bottom line was not worth it, over hyped, and over priced. Obviously they must be doing something right because they have a pretty loyal fan base. Flame suit on and in position.
27.gif
LOL

Pennzoil, Mobil, or Castrol products are not available in Finland?

I haven't found the returns to be able to offset the higher price.

Especially, since now in the USA, we can get Harvest King Full Synthetic oil (Citgo) which is Dexos approved, for $10 a gallon (~4ish liters)

I have been using their Signature Series Oil for over a decade now and you can see the miles I got out of my Santa Fe in my signature. This spent most of its life on Amsoil SSO 0w30. When the engine died of a broken camshaft it wasn't using any oil or leaking any oil. It's too bad it died or I would still be driving it.

I'm now using the SSO 5w20 in my Dodge Journey and I have sampled the oil last year and done a UOA which showed almost all 0's for wear metals and the additive / TBN was virtually untouched after 5,000km. I have a sample sent into the lab now and I'm just waiting for the results. It was sampled at 10,000km. I typically run my oil changes out to 10,000 - 15,000km depending on the type of driving I did over that OCI.

Once all my Amsoil filters are used up that I have in my stash I will be going with Amsoil bypass filtration and pushing the oil as far as it will let me. I will have lab tests to back all this up.

Their newest formulation change promises 100% protection from LSPI and even more cleaning power than before. I'm not sure how the oils could get any better but if it's true then I can't wait to see the UOA's from that.

The reason I use it here in Canada is because the pricing I get with my preferred customer membership, their points discount program, and various sales they run makes it less than the cost of other brands off the shelf like M1, Pennzoil etc. this combined with the excellent performance I have seen first hand makes it a no brainier and it is why I have stuck with the brand.

grin2.gif

Last edited:
I ran several vehicles on the 15k mile oci for years with no issues. I would still use it if it was less expensive. I now use name brand clearance synthetics for 10k mile oci at $2-4 per quart.

It's all I use. Oil, trans and diff fluid. I have 537,691 miles on a non rebuilt engine, trans and diff in a 2003 f-150 and change the oil every 10to 12k and the trans every 75 to 100k.
I use Baldwin and Wix filters.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have been using their Signature Series Oil for over a decade now and you can see the miles I got out of my Santa Fe in my signature. This spent most of its life on Amsoil SSO 0w30. When the engine died of a broken camshaft it wasn't using any oil or leaking any oil. It's too bad it died or I would still be driving it.

I'm now using the SSO 5w20 in my Dodge Journey and I have sampled the oil last year and done a UOA which showed almost all 0's for wear metals and the additive / TBN was virtually untouched after 5,000km. I have a sample sent into the lab now and I'm just waiting for the results. It was sampled at 10,000km. I typically run my oil changes out to 10,000 - 15,000km depending on the type of driving I did over that OCI.

Once all my Amsoil filters are used up that I have in my stash I will be going with Amsoil bypass filtration and pushing the oil as far as it will let me. I will have lab tests to back all this up.

Their newest formulation change promises 100% protection from LSPI and even more cleaning power than before. I'm not sure how the oils could get any better but if it's true then I can't wait to see the UOA's from that.

The reason I use it here in Canada is because the pricing I get with my preferred customer membership, their points discount program, and various sales they run makes it less than the cost of other brands off the shelf like M1, Pennzoil etc. this combined with the excellent performance I have seen first hand makes it a no brainier and it is why I have stuck with the brand.

grin2.gif

Im interested to know how much you pay for a gallon (4-5l jug. Im assuming when you say off the shelf you mean full price?

Originally Posted By: Kev994
I always order online, get a preferred customer discount, Pablo should be able to help you out with that. I posted a UOA from my 2010 Lancer with 16,000 s, there were no metals and lots of TBN left, so I recommend it.
No wear metals?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Im interested to know how much you pay for a gallon (4-5l jug. Im assuming when you say off the shelf you mean full price?

When they have their 25% off sale I combine this with my PC membership savings amount and points from past purchases and it works out to $28 CDN ($21.51 US) per gallon jug.

Plus with it having a high TBN and doing great on UOA's I would normally run this longer than the "off the shelf" stuff so there is cost savings there too. There will be a huge cost savings when I put in the bypass filtration unit. Initial high cost up front but savings after the first year and then in consecutive years using it and transferring to the next vehicle. Plus the time savings of not having to do an oil change hardly ever.

Last edited:
The problem is that oil brands sell the Acea c3 oils of viscosity 5w30 or 0w30 and they have no good tbn. Yes i can use 0w-40 acea a3 in my honda but when its winter its not good.
There is no Mobil 1 EP or any ILSAC GF 5 oils in Finland except for toyota 0w-20 but its 17€ liter at the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back