Car Quest 0W16 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking around a parts store I worked at 15 years ago and in the pallets received was Car Quest 0W16!! I guess Amalie is making it. Would have unwrapped shrink wrap and such but I know my place and it wasnt here. Guys were talking about it but thought it was for a import. My guess is new Toyota or Honda.

That oil will sit on the shelf as the only domestic using it now AFAIK is the 2018 Camry...which comes with scheduled maintenance from Toyota.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I just wanted to grab one and shake it so bad. Makes my 0w20 seem super gooey.

lol.gif

Sounds like something I would do....

Most people who own a vehicle calling for this viscosity will not change their own oil. Especially on something like a 2018 Camry.

I'd run it and do a UOA to see how things are going. Ran a 5w-20 in my 02 Silverado and the UOAs came back just fine.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
And what is the benefit of oil this thin?

CAFE/mpg.....................

Exactly, which means the answer is:
There is no real benefit.

Originally Posted By: LotI
That oil will sit on the shelf as the only domestic using it now AFAIK is the 2018 Camry...which comes with scheduled maintenance from Toyota.

Exactly, it will just sit on the shelf and collect dust. The AAP stores near me haven't sold one quart of the stuff yet.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
And what is the benefit of oil this thin?

CAFE/mpg.....................

Oh yea! And I give a rats rear as much about their activist agenda as they do about the proper lubrication of my engine. That pretty much sums it up. Anything coming out of CAFE or CARB is pure💩 from a practical standpoint.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
I still like how Amalie makes a 0w16 but not Castrol/SOPUS/XOM ::

Valvoline makes it.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I just wanted to grab one and shake it so bad. Makes my 0w20 seem super gooey.
Sitting on the shelf at ambient , there is very little difference between the viscosity of those oisl. I doubt if you could tell one from the other if you didn't know what container they came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back