2016 Audi S3 8V - EA888 Gen 3 - Castrol Dealer Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is UOA of my 2016 Audi S3 (EA888 Gen 3 Engine), oil was bulk dealer soil (probably Castrol). Oil had around 5700 miles on it, car has 20845 miles on it.

Items Numbers as follows:
1. Factory Fill
2. Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40
3. Dealer Oil
4. Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40
5. Dealer Oil -
(6) - Currently in car Ravenol SSL 0W-40

i-tq7bvLf-X3.jpg

Why would you Silicon go up? Usually that only happens if a valve cover was replaced or some other cover which requires RTV to seal it back up.

Changed the air filter right after this oil change - was the stock air filter on their for 20k miles. Will see what the next oil change shows in terms of Si values.

Might also be gasket material. My Hyundai had high Si / Copper readings in all of its UOA's and it lasted a very long time.

I take it you have an Audi Care plan and that's why you keep going back to the dealership every 10K for an oil change? Any reason you decided to go with Ravenol and not continue with the PP? Also have you considered using Castrol 0w-40 since its cheap and available everywhere? That's what I ran when I had my S3 and it returned nice UOA.

The big drop in Iron this time is a little surprising isn't it? All the other metals look inline except for this one. The TBN looks a little low to extend it to a 10k run like what the dealer would call for doesn't it? I like your style of supplementing oil changes between the 10k runs that the dealer is performing. Thanks for sharing!

I decided to go with Ravenol as I got a pretty good deal on some oil as a friend of mine bought a good amount also just wanted to try it out. I have looked at Castrol 0W-40 and do have a VOA of it in case i go that route next time. The Fe dropping was a bit of a surprise and I have see EA888 Gen 3 engines around 10-15 PPM - will see what this next UOA comes up as to see if the value seen is out of spec or truly trending in that direction. One major thing that has changed is driving style - went from a 8 mile city commute to a 18 mile all highway commute so easier on the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back