Seat Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you pay $250 for front seat covers? My sisters and I....usually go in together and buy my mother a christmas gift. My younger sister suggested getting seat covers for my moms car that are $250 just for fronts. That sounds like a alot for seat covers. Your thoughts >>>>

Depends on the quality and if they are custom fitted. I would pay that if they are quality material to protect leather.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Nope. You will trash the car with brand new looking seats. With the cleaning products today and machines, its pretty easy to clean material or leather.

We sell ones from GT Covers that end up being about that much if you check the right boxes. They fit really well. I don't sell a lot of them because I mostly do back counter, but the ones I have sold have almost all been perfect. The only one that wasn't was a customer issue, not a cover issue.

I think it depends on the value of the vehicle. Last year I paid $975 including installation for a pair of front leather seat covers custom made by Roadwire for my Ridgeline. The leather quality was excellent and they look as good as OEM. My originals were cloth.

It's a 2013 Fusion in like new condition with black cloth seats. Doesn't get driven much.

Personally I don't believe in seat covers for good seats. Like rolla07 said, why keep the seats like new for the next owner. Seat covers are for worn out seats. My 2014 Fusion has only 25000 on it, and the seats are like new, and I am not about to put on seat covers.

Last edited:
Marathon seat covers, still going strong after 14 years of use !
Paid almost 300 bucks for them, just bought a set for the wifes new RAV 4...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: old1
Personally I don't believe in seat covers for good seats. Like rolla07 said, why keep the seats like new for the next owner.

I think it depends on your situation. Some people may have a nice car and a dirty job and want to keep it looking nice. My mother is 84 and uses her car mostly as a grocery getter so buying seat covers is pointless IMO.

Now that the OP gave more information, I don't see how an 84 year old driver needs seat covers for a four year old car that's in very good condition and that gets very little use. Get Mom something she needs.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Now that the OP gave more information, I don't see how an 84 year old driver needs seat covers for a four year old car that's in very good condition and that gets very little use. Get Mom something she needs.

I agree. Seat covers sounds like something she doesn't want or need.

If I was 84 I'd like something consumable, like a big box of really good chocolates, a bottle of nice wine/sherry/cognac/etc, and an assortment of crackers and cheese. I'm not 84 and I'd like that!

I'm in and out of my vehicle all day long and drive them until the wheels fall off. I have never needed seat covers.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
We sell ones from GT Covers that end up being about that much if you check the right boxes. They fit really well. I don't sell a lot of them because I mostly do back counter, but the ones I have sold have almost all been perfect. The only one that wasn't was a customer issue, not a cover issue.

Ordered a front set for our 2017 Explorer from GT covers last Spring for a trip to Florida. Factory black leather seats in the Summer in Florida and the South can be painful when wearing shorts
shocked2.gif
lol.gif
. We paid $228, no sales tax and free delivery. We ordered directly from them. As you said they fit really well, you don't even realize there are seat covers on the seat. They are well made and fit great and were not too difficult to install.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back