Fleetguard Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a filter from the Duramax I posted the 400,000 miles of samples. Filter is an LF16102, plain cellulose. Service interval is 20,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Made by hastings is it not? Can't tell without a pic of the center tube or bypass valve.

Thought Baldwin made Hastings

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Made by hastings is it not? Can't tell without a pic of the center tube or bypass valve.

Thought Baldwin made Hastings

It sure appears that way from a bit of internet research. A Hastings is a dead give away due to the perforations in the center tube-- all the photos I was able to find of cut-open Baldwins share that characteristic.

I'm nearly certain I've cut open a FleetGuard that was clearly a Hastings inside, but perhaps it was a different filter brand, as there's several with fleet in the name. Certainly good to know the Baldwin/Hastings similarity, hadn't known that before.

Yes, Baldwin and Hastings are the same. It's also interesting to note their louvers seem to be manufactured differently (and more effectively) than those of the competition. You buy a Baldwin or Hastings, you don't have to peek inside to make sure things are open.

Quote:
Pretty sure Fleetguard makes almost all there own stuff.

Recently had another non Stratapore media FG posted HERE that is made by Champ Labs. Without more pics of endcaps, bypass and center tube I can't speculate who makes this one.

Topic FG looks fine at 20k miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Looking at that thread you can see that specific filter has a label on it vs a printed painted number. My Fleetguard rep used to tell me that was the way to spot filters they didn't make. The filter I showed is made at Fleetguard's plant in San Luis Polosi Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back