Peak Full Synthetic 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
RC = Resource Conserving

Good oil. dexos1Gen2 is a great spec for T-GDI vehicles of which a few applications have suffered from Low Speed Pre-ignition.

Some early examples of the 2013 Veloster 1.6T grenaded due to this. I've not heard of any issues with our 2.0T.

I hope it is good as you already bought it!! Todays quality oils are as good as you can buy. Old World Technologies makes excellent products.

That is a quality oil that will give many miles with no problems. Peak is made by WPP, which also supplies a lot of house brands
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
That is a quality oil that will give many miles with no problems. Peak is made by WPP, which also supplies a lot of house brands
smile.gif

PEAK is made by Old World Industries, not WPP...
wink.gif

http://www.oldworldind.com/brands/

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Yes, it's a good oil that will serve you just fine.

Blended by WPP, look on the bottom of the bottle and you will find WPP or WNE. Not sure when this change occurred or if it's always been this way (I believe the latter.) Old World Industries distributes/markets it, yes. Remember, Peak is rather new to oil, they've always been known for anti-freeze and some other automotive stuff, but their introduction to oils has been fairly recent, in the last 10 years or so IIRC.

Originally Posted By: wemay
PEAK is made by Old World Industries, not WPP...
wink.gif

http://www.oldworldind.com/brands/

Old World Industries is just a rebrander. The bottoms of the bottles say WNE or WPP on them; see below. In fact, we can even ask the OP to take a picture of the bottom of the bottle
smile.gif

Also, I still think Peak is a funny brand name for oil. Peak oil
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Blended by WPP, look on the bottom of the bottle and you will find WPP or WNE. Not sure when this change occurred or if it's always been this way (I believe the latter.) Old World Industries distributes/markets it, yes. Remember, Peak is rather new to oil, they've always been known for anti-freeze and some other automotive stuff, but their introduction to oils has been fairly recent, in the last 10 years or so IIRC.

01.gif

Yes, you guys are right. I remember a thread on this some time ago and the consensus being WPP blending / OWI marketing and selling. WPP at bottom of bottles.

But we're all in agreement with regard to the OPs inquiry...its a fine oil.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back