Honda GVC 160 10 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran pretty much seafoam with 93 octane chevron mostly. Amsoil small engine and now T5 for the last 2 years. Anyway to remove the carbon? Thanks.

Runs pretty good. I did increase the speed some this past year because it would choke out cutting tall grass.

I used my bore scope for the first time. Not bad for 50.00 and a smartphone.

Last edited:
The carbon isn't a whole lot but misting water into the Card with the air cleaner will remove the carbon.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The carbon isn't a whole lot but misting water into the Card with the air cleaner will remove the carbon.

Agreed.

I worked on an outboard motor once that had a tiny crack in the head gasket near the top cylinder. When I pulled the head to fix the head gasket, the top piston was a clean as brand new. Seems the small jets of water entering the combustion chamber did a great job cleaning the top of the piston. In addition to that, there was no indication whatsoever that there was any detrimental effect on the cylinder. It was in just as good condition as the bottom cylinder.

That is NOT bad carbon levels.

You probably have a plugged spark arrestor screen in the muffler.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
That is NOT bad carbon levels.

You probably have a plugged spark arrestor screen in the muffler.

Last time I checked there isn't one.

There is a guy on here that has a similar age Honda Foreman that posted pics from using tcw3, his piston tops were spotless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back