Your thoughts on using 0w20 in high mile Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m toying with idea of trying a 0w20 oil in the 09’ camry. May just stick with 5w30 or even 5w20 QSGB. I average 12,xxx miles a year.

Mostly highway driving and car has 128,xxx miles on it with 0 or ZERO consumption

Thanks

My 2007 Ford Fusion performs quite well on 0-20 at 217K. No oil consumption at my usual 10K OCI.

If you do switch over you may notice some consumption because of the change over esp with M1 or Pennzoil synthetics. But just stick with it for a few intervals and that should subside. Or just switch back to the 30wt grade in the summer time, May/June. Then run the 0w20 for the winter for nice, easy start ups.

edit. Also when plugging in your vehicle's information on Amsoil's site it lists 0w20 as acceptable for you to use. When I plug in the Matrix it says 5w30. For an 07 Focus it says 5w20. So it seems pretty accurate.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
If you do switch over you may notice some consumption because of the change over esp with M1 or Pennzoil synthetics. But just stick with it for a few intervals and that should subside. Or just switch back to the 30wt grade in the summer time, May/June. Then run the 0w20 for the winter for nice, easy start ups.

I may just stick with 0w20 year around like tig1 is doing
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Let us know if you do that. Then we can call you tig2.
smile.gif

Also my 2007 Ford Focus had 175K on it with the same results as the Fusion. Vehicle was totaled in June.

High mile!?

I’ve even got “watery” oil in my Camry, and it’s just getting started as far as miles go!

I wouldn't just because of the possible increased risk of consumption.

Judging by your OP and signature, you are currently running 5w30. Id just stick with that.

Different strokes. Stay with the 5-30 you have been using for 128,000. You can try one of the thinner 5-30's,if you wish. .02.

smile.gif

Let us know if you do that. Then we can call you tig2.
smile.gif

Good one matt
smile.gif

J/k of course. Winter shaping up to be COLD so far but 0w20 I doubt would hurt anything

smile.gif

If your Toyota isn't using oil Adam great idea then you can just find 0w-20. But my self I'll use what ever is on sale from 5w-20 to 5w-30 or 10w-30 for summer oil. Something is always on sale.

Yeah 127k is low mile
smile.gif

DO IT!

I just went from Castrol Edge Gold bottle 5w20 and switched to Castrol Magna 0w20 and the engine idles much quieter. Not sure why but definitely noticeable. No other differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back