Denso designer wiper refill from Toyota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car's RX300 and I bought Denso designer(hybrid) wipers for the windshield.
I want to replace just the inserts now, but not sure how I am going to match up with the part number from Toyota since these are not OEM wipers.
However, I think Toyota uses mostly Denso for wipers? Both inserts are from NWB.

http://www.denso-am.com/products/automotive-aftermarket/wiper-blades/wiper-blades/

I took down the numbers and length off the current inserts, but google search doesn't return much.

Driver side: 2177 RC 600mm
Passenger side: 2244 RC 525mm

I want the Toyota part numbers, but not sure if it can use same inserts from the OEM pair(I misplaced those)

On my Toyota cars the OEM dealer inserts will not fit Denso wiper blades, in fact they won't fit the blades that are sold in the marketing section at the dealer. They only fit the blades ordered out of the catalog (or were original to the car).

The Toyota Fast Moving Parts Catalog (search online for it) lists the part numbers for the refill inserts, but like I mentioned they may not fit.

I get the impression that many of the automakers are getting particular on replacement parts, most likely to get the customer to stop by the dealer. My Mazda has very specific wiper blades and inserts. I believe they are also made by Denso.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I get the impression that many of the automakers are getting particular on replacement parts, most likely to get the customer to stop by the dealer. My Mazda has very specific wiper blades and inserts. I believe they are also made by Denso.

Yes and no. Yes to the first part, no to the second. There's this thing called the internet and ebay. There will always be a few dealers parts dept that want to do the volume thing and sell on ebay and move those parts.

Especially for something highly replaceable like a wiper blade or oil filters, the oem will be no more than an aftermarket part and competitively priced on ebay. Even more so if you buy several sets to save on shipping

Last edited:
Consider the US-made Trico Ultra
smile.gif

If you don't want to spend that much, the Trico Flex (made in Mexico) is a very good mid-priced alternative

Originally Posted By: kschachn
On my Toyota cars the OEM dealer inserts will not fit Denso wiper blades, in fact they won't fit the blades that are sold in the marketing section at the dealer. They only fit the blades ordered out of the catalog (or were original to the car).

I installed Denso FTF blades on my Prius and used dealer inserts. The passenger side fit fine, the driver side I had to snip off the notch that positions the steel spines to get it to fit.

The Miata guys have figured out the Denso blades, and I had a friend get them for his Subaru - I'll experiment with Toyota or Honda refills on that.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=485035

The ones I had (either Toyota "OEM aftermarket" or whatever they were) didn't have a retention notch at all, they just had both ends bent over to retain the rubber strip. I didn't feel like messing with it to be honest.

FWIW, based on some recommendations here on BITOG I've been buying PIAA silicone wipers for a while now. Those are pretty awesome in my opinion and I haven't had to replace one yet.

After using OEM inserts on my last 3 Camry's I would never consider anything else. They usually last for 2-3 years, cost less than $15, and work perfect in any weather!

Originally Posted By: nthach
Originally Posted By: kschachn

I installed Denso FTF blades on my Prius and used dealer inserts. The passenger side fit fine, the driver side I had to snip off the notch that positions the steel spines to get it to fit.

The Miata guys have figured out the Denso blades, and I had a friend get them for his Subaru - I'll experiment with Toyota or Honda refills on that.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=485035

Thank you for the link.

160-3124 - 2009-12 Acura TSX driver side or 2012-15 Civic 2dr passenger side refill 76622-SLN-A12
160-3121 - 2011-2016 Honda CR-Z passenger side refill 76622-SZT-A01

I will pass by a Honda dealership and get a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back