Dual oil filter relocation kit PH8A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had anything that used this common ford oil filter.
So I think there is a most unlimited options.
It's going in a big block suburban so I have unlimited room too.
Had to do an oil filter relocation due to headers wanting to be right where the oil filter is.
What would be a extra capacity better than fram PH8A equivalent?

Originally Posted By: oil pan 4

If you wanna get technical, the XG8A
grin2.gif

Put in a bypass setup if your going to relocate. I would. I did in my pickup.à

Headers in a Suburban???

I don't get it. Suburbans are for pulling horse trailers and a bunch of people to the horse show.

Last edited:
De-burr and chamfer all the oil passages in both the filter mount and the part that goes on the block. NO SHARP ANGLES - this is pretty important.

Do not use -08 AN lines, step up to -10 lines.

Originally Posted By: oil pan 4

Oh for PETE'S SAKE - - - you will never ever ever ever need more flow than what two XG8A's can handle!!!!

Everyone wants leaky headers.Never mind the RPM range where they actually do any good.Emissions and tune of a vehicle. Consider a glass pack muffler if noise is what you want.

The larger version of the PH8A would be the PH977A. I have read that filtering efficiency is less than the standard PH8A.

Originally Posted By: FFeng7
The larger version of the PH8A would be the PH977A. I have read that filtering efficiency is less than the standard PH8A.

The larger Motorcraft is the FL-299 oil filter.

Yes, for SOME weird reason.... the "Huge" oil filters have really bad efficiency numbers, like 30 microns nominal or some ridiculous number.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3501528/Motorcraft_FL299_vs_FL1A_oil_f

STICK WITH XG-8A filters for best filtration.

This is actually a 454 bored and stroked to 489 with aluminum GMPP heads, 11:1 compression, 270 adv. duration roller cam. Running sock manifolds would be kind of dumb.
It's also going to have cutouts, so it won't be loud, it will sound like the end of the world. But still have a normal relatively tame full exhaust system for normal driving.

I had no idea the larger filters lost efficiency so bad. Thank you.
I will use 5/8 line, I was thinking the 1/2 inch line looked a little small for a system trying to pump as much as 20gpm of oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back