2014 Cruze 2.0 AMSOIL HDH 5w-30 7,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from the AEL to the HDH this time to see how the new Signature Series would work out. Not sure why my TAN is so high and the rest look good. This sample was taken right after getting home from a 9 hr trip back from PA. Air filter was changed at beginning of this oil run and the oil filter is the AC Delco. Diesel used was mainly from Sheetz which there isn't anything on the pump that states it has Biodiesel in it, just that it is 40 cetane. Averaging 45.7 mpg and it regens about once every 600 miles.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
What oil did you run that had 400ppm and 300ppm of Boron?

That was the AMSOIL AEL European 5w-30 oil.

Originally Posted By: Rat407

I remember seeing that thread. You were using RLI then switched to AEL and the tin appeared. Did you stop using the stanadyne additive ?

Originally Posted By: CleverUserName

I remember seeing that thread. You were using RLI then switched to AEL and the tin appeared. Did you stop using the stanadyne additive ?

Yes

Now trying a new fuel add. LE's Full Torque. Not bad at $17 a Qt and free shipping with a treat ratio of 1:400
LE's Full Torque

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CleverUserName

Yes

Now trying a new fuel add. LE's Full Torque. Not bad at $17 a Qt and free shipping with a treat ratio of 1:400
LE's Full Torque

Yes I found that tread interesting because I also use stanadyne in my '09 TDI and new Canyon 2.8. I also took a hit on tin and other metals in one TDI UOA, however the TBN was almost depleted and I thought it was from that. I never considered it could have come from the stanadyne. I'm still using it cause I have a partial bottle left. I'm gonna run my first UOA on the canyon and we well see if there is any tin present.

I didn't know LE made a diesel additive. I was going to try this stuff, Amalgamated TDR-FL, They say 5-7 cetane point increase and it's even cheaper. $106 for 2.5 gallons: http://www.amalgamatedinc.com/tdr-fl.aspx

Originally Posted By: PiperOne
Does the Cruze have a separate injector for re-gens or does it do a post injection?

Not sure, I think post. I do know my EGT goes up to 1200 degrees F when it is in regen.

I was really impressed by the Amsoil Ael 5W30 improved European formula as you ran it out the longest at 10 thousand miles or so and the wear metals looked good and it seemed to hold tbn as well if not better than the Amsoil DHD 5W30. They really did improve the formula with a relatively more stout additive package compared with the original Amsoil’ European formula which started with an under 6 tbn that you had after ten thousand mile run. Here is a link to a virgin oil analysis from the Russian oil club. Of note I bumped up link to Russian oil club under Virgin Oil Analysis that has comprehensive list of oil analysis using similar tables as this one.
http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/index.php?a...attach_id=39341

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back