12 Pilot Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent report! I'm curious what type of driving you do? Percentage of highway versus city driving and are you a leadfoot? Honda transmissions seem to do well with DW-1.

That seems like a lot of metal.

Makes me very Happy that I run a Baldwin BT839-10 on mine. (with lots of magnets inside)

Originally Posted By: Kool1
Excellent report! I'm curious what type of driving you do? Percentage of highway versus city driving and are you a leadfoot? Honda transmissions seem to do well with DW-1.

Fiance’s car. It gets driven about 11 miles one way to work each day. Lots of stoplights and traffic on these trips. It also gets long highway weekend trips on a frequent basis. Occasionally it tows a pair of jet skis.

She is not easy on it, but I wouldn’t go as far as lead foot.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
That seems like a lot of metal.

Makes me very Happy that I run a Baldwin BT839-10 on mine. (with lots of magnets inside)

Yeah! Lots of magnets in the tranny pan, or in/on your spin-on oil filter makes a difference!
So far I can't see the filter media making any difference since wear metals can be as small as
.1 micron up to 15 microns as normal wear! Spin-on filters are OK at particles 20 microns and up!

This PDF has good pics and you may want to up the magnets you use for better effect:

Spin-on tranny filters are similar to the eng oil spin-on filters mentioned:

FILTERMAG vs HOMEBREW
https://app.box.com/s/uxvu8dmscf5wcgftutdm0ejqwgn86tw7

Originally Posted By: leje0306
Fiance’s car. It gets driven about 11 miles one way to work each day. Lots of stoplights and traffic on these trips. It also gets long highway weekend trips on a frequent basis. Occasionally it tows a pair of jet skis.

She is not easy on it, but I wouldn’t go as far as lead foot.

15k drain and fills would be a good idea with that unit. Which is what I recommend for V6 Hondas that are automatics. A 4cyl Honda auto can do 30k drain and fills easily. If the V6 auto saw mostly hwy miles then you could probably do 30k easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back