Filter Drain Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is unreal, too bad it is for diesels only
laugh.gif

Whats wrong with loosening it then slipping a ziplock bag or cut in half 2 liter over it to catch the mess?

Dont worry if you like it and it sells the chinese will copy it and sell it for 10$ soon enough.

been posted a few times over the years. the video of it is up on youtube, but no where does it say where you can buy it.

in the Youtube comments, he claims you can find it on ebay by searching "Oil Filter Drain Tool" well, i tried that within 4 months of him saying that, and it's no where to be found.

I stated as much in a reply to him in those comments, and he never bothered to reply.

that was 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
That would be pretty easy to make, but it's kind of "a solution without a problem"

I like that.. its definitely a solution in search of a problem for most.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Whats wrong with loosening it then slipping a ziplock bag or cut in half 2 liter over it to catch the mess?

Dont worry if you like it and it sells the chinese will copy it and sell it for 10$ soon enough.

Leaves you with a messy, slippery filter, ready to make a huge mess if tipped too far one way or another.

My Ivory Tower, Know-it-all, Experience free (comparatively speaking), Solomonish, worldly take on this is:

Filter removal is manageable most of the time.

If there is some hideous application where you can't even swaddle the filter then any tool anyone can think of might help.

EXAMPLE:
Sis' sideways mounted oil filter ('99 Jeep 4.0l) was a dripper so I perched my flexible drain PIG (green, rubbery flat thing) into position, unscrewed it a bit and let it dribble until empty into the catch can. Then unscrew it the rest of the way.

I suppose a puncture tool could've been used but the PIG did good.

Great idea. 2 essential needs: A very strong magnet and very robust and durable piercing pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back