Never loose your hubcaps again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took mine off and painted the rims with hi-temp gloss black from a rattle-can. I kind'a lite the look. It not on a real car, it's on an 06 xB and no one takes one of those seriously, anyhow.

On my old Hyundai, I put zip ties on the inner hubcap ring and looped it around the holes in the rims. This way they stayed hidden and I never lost a hubcap.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
It's "lose".

I have fat fingers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
I thought the oem wheel covers were retained by the lugnuts?

Not all are like that.

Is that how Fiat affixes hubcaps now? Geez the cost cutting is getting comical.

I’m actually surprised they still have hubcaps. So many cars have alloy wheels albeit some are really cheap.

He should have done a star pattern or something. Just those two on opposite sides will cause a tire misbalance.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
He should have done a star pattern or something. Just those two on opposite sides will cause a tire misbalance.
crackmeup2.gif

It's a Dodge it's already imbalanced.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
crackmeup2.gif

That could be a small problem if the wheel and wheel cover didn't both have even numbers of spokes.

That method's not going to stop "loosing" a cover if the thief has a knife or side-cutter pliers.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I thought the oem wheel covers were retained by the lugnuts?

This will also work if you want to put steel wheels and factory hub covers on your alloy-wheeled car for winter, but dont want to go buy the $150 worth of OEM lugnuts with the special lip to hold on the cover.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
This is from a 2008 Dodge Van. Before Fiat was involved in 2014.
lol.gif

I thought it was much earlier than that? 2014 may have been the finalization of the deal but 2009 was the start when the 0bama administration held the shotgun to Fiat’s head and stated that either their signature or their brains would be on the contract. Thus the Big 3 became the Big 2.

The marriage has turned sour and Fiat wants out but who will buy? The prior damage done by Daimler and Cerberus put Chrysler on the edge of the abyss as stock markets watch and wait. China might be sniffing.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The zip ties are being routed in opposite directions.

Merk... that’s done so they stay on while backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back