Mercedes Benz challenges gravity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easier way to get all the engine contaminants suspended into the oil. Leave it up to the Germans to do things the hard way.
lol.gif

I don't know why car manufactures make such [censored] ads for stunts like this? Either do it for real and show it clearly, or don't do it at all... Is MB selling CGI cars to 12 year video game addicts? Who else would be impressed by an ad like this? Perhaps this works on the buyers who don't know which is the drive axle, and don't care?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I don't know why car manufactures make such [censored] ads for stunts like this? Either do it for real and show it clearly, or don't do it at all... Is MB selling CGI cars to 12 year video game addicts? Who else would be impressed by an ad like this? Perhaps this works on the buyers who don't know which is the drive axle, and don't care?

They should spend more time focusing on making a car that doesn't need all kinds of work after 5 years. Their reliability is terrible.

Quote:
They should spend more time focusing on making a car that doesn't need all kinds of work after 5 years. Their reliability is terrible.

This..

This video is several years old, btw. The driver depicted is Michael Schumacher, seven time F1 world champion. Whether he actually drove the car for the filming is questionable, but I'd guess not. Sadly, Michael was severely injured in a skiing accident in Dec. 2013. He remains in a coma to this day.

It is doable as Clarkson took a sub-compact and did something similar in a sewer tunnel at 30 some MPH during a Top Gear episode.

But I tend to side with the CGI crowd here. Even if elements are real, there has been some post processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back