2009 VW Jetta DSG Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends,

My time has come to service the transmission on my 2009 VW Jetta with the DSG transmission (Wolfsburg) Edition. I have been looking at Pentosin FFL2 oil as well as what looks like a cartridge filter for the trans. The cartridge filter is something I have never seen before but German cars are weird in some ways. With all this what do you guys recommend? If it matters, my car is at about 140k miles, and is driven daily 70 miles roundtrip.

Thanks!!

Amalie makes a good DCT fluid at a great price
smile.gif

Has the fluid ever been changed on this car before?

Pentosin is a good choice, its OE, and there are a few options out there from liquid moly and fuchs. Yes the filter is a cartridge, you'll need to take the battery and tray out to access it I think. Some people take out filter, drain into a pan, measure what came out and refill that amount, then recheck.

I am going to be honest, since i bought the car at 60k miles, the trans oil has never been changed :-( I am a little scared that by changing it, the trans will be ruined since the new oil will be much thinner I am assuming ???

I am not sure what viscosity or standard I should even be looking at? I am completely new to trans fluids lol. I appreciate all your help guys!!

Thanks

Change it out. The DSG transmissions aren't the greatest for longevity. It'll be expensive, I'd let the dealer do it. Can be done for $300-$350

Hey guys,

So just to follow up, what would the majority of you guys use for trans oil brand? Price is not a worry, as long as it’s a good product.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: davizzel
Hey guys,

So just to follow up, what would the majority of you guys use for trans oil brand? Price is not a worry, as long as it’s a good product.

Thanks!

If I ever had to change the fluid on a DSG or DCT, I would use Amalie

The DSG Transmission on VWs is very robust. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 250,000 miles and still going strong. Failures on the DSG are extremely rare. How many miles on this transmission now? I typically use Pentosin Fluids and VW branded filters. Lots of good information on the TDI Club website if you chose to do this yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back