synthetic oil filter needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been frantically and unsuccessfully attempting to locate a synthetic oil filter to fit my "92 Ford F-800 with a 7.8 turbo diesel. I purchased full synthetic Rotella for it, and would like to use the appropriate filters. (2 needed, but if I can locate 2, I'll buy more for sure!)
Can anyone offer advice?

Not Needed in any way. You didn't buy THAT kind of synthetic with the Rotella.

The truck guys here I'm sure can point you to some good filters though.

You don't need a special filter for synthetic oil. Now if you're going for an extended drain/filter interval I'm sure someone will have suggestions.

Originally Posted By: Smashing_Idols
I've been frantically and unsuccessfully attempting to locate a synthetic oil filter to fit my "92 Ford F-800 with a 7.8 turbo diesel. I purchased full synthetic Rotella for it, and would like to use the appropriate filters. (2 needed, but if I can locate 2, I'll buy more for sure!)
Can anyone offer advice?

So this just occurred to you when you bought oil this last time or you've never used synthetic oil before?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Donaldson Blue

Or Fleetguard Stratopore

Yeah. I've wrung out an LF9028 to almost 28000 miles on one OCI. Either filter will do well.

Mercedes used to have an upgrade "fleece" oil filter for cars that used synthetic. This fleece filter was designed to hold more contaminants for the extended intervals realized with synthetic oil.

That 1"-12 thread on your oil filter mount means not many filters from others will cross.

Cummins (Dodge) 5.9/6.7 oil filters might work if you change the threaded portion from 1"-12 to 1"-16 threads, but that is a lot of work.

Just run the Donaldson, Fleetguard, Napa/wix or Baldwin filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back