I did it. I went & bought a 2015 Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a decent 2015 Malibu 1LT that was in the right color (silver), right mileage (31.5k) and most importantly, the right price ($13k OTD). They installed a remote start for me too
thumbsup2.gif

Only thing is, the rear driver tire pressure monitor isn't working so I have an appointment with a Chevy dealer to fix it, along with a front-end realignment, on Monday. It still has the original warranty, so I don't anticipate any problems with the work getting done.
21.gif

Got it for the wife for Christmas and she is loving it. .and me too! Here are pics:

I think the Malibu is a great car!

This may not be relevant, but in 2007, my wife and I had an older Mercedes Benz. We were going on vacation from San Diego to Montana and Idaho.

We rented a 2007 Chevy Malibu and did a lot of driving.

The Malibu was the finest highway car that I had driven at that time and since. The car had great air conditioning, plenty of power, was roomy quiet and comfortable. The best part was, at 75 mph, with A/C on, in cruise control, the car averaged 31 MPG.

I have thought about that car many times since.

I normally drive pickups and my wife has an 08 Subaru Outback which seems luxurious to me.

If I ever buy a car, I will likely buy a Malibu. Great car, great price used, and perfect freeway machine.

You did well with that purchase..

LOL December in Michigan and no snow on the ground better get that OIC done now before Mother Nature kicks in.

Nice looking car by the way.

Last edited:
Nice car, I like this body style and interior much better than the current generation. If I needed to shop for a replacement for our 2010 Impala, this would be it. That 2.5 engine with the 6 speed is a great combo. Congrats!

Last edited:
Love the exteriors on these. The interiors not so much. But all-in-all a nice looking car! 13,000 with 31k miles. Excellent! It's got at least 150,000 miles left in it.

Originally Posted By: Huie83
Nice car, I like this body style and interior much better than the current generation. If I needed to shop for a replacement for our 2010 Impala, this would be it. That 2.5 engine with the 6 speed is a great combo. Congrats!

When the current gen came out I was truly disgusted. But they've really grown on me and it was a solid contender against the Sonata in my sig.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
Originally Posted By: Huie83

When the current gen came out I was truly disgusted. But they've really grown on me and it was a solid contender against the Sonata in my sig.

Honestly, besides the looks, i'm not sold on the 1.5 turbo engine they are putting in the current gen Malibu. A close friend has a Cruze with the 1.4 turbo (same engine design) that has had lots of issues with only 73K on the odo. It's leaking oil from the front variable cam unit, the oil feed tube for the turbo is leaking and the turbo is starting to sound like it has marbles rolling around in it. I'm thinking the turbo is on it's way out. These are also known for having various plastic issues for pieces used on the engine such as the thermostat housing leaking or cracking early.

It's a shame because the car drives really nice, the power from that 1.4 is surprising. I was just shocked when I popped the hood to take a look around and found leaks all over. And not small ones, think the whole underside of the car covered in oil type of leaks.

Other than the infotainment screen + all those buttons giving me a heart attack, that's a sweet ride.

I rented a 2012 Malibu once and it was a great riding/driving car. The interior looks much nicer in yours.

Nice car and a nice price.

As skyactiv said above, get a set of Husky Liner floor mats, Amazon usually has a good deal. I've got some in my Sonata, one of the best things I've ever done. My carpet still looks new and I can get in with muddy or dirty feet and it doesn't grind into the carpet or floor mats. When I detail the car I pour the dirt out and wipe down with a rag and they look new again.

Are there any parts on that car which have "SAAB" embossed on them, or is that completely over?

Might a turbo engine option still be the SAAB engine?

Nice! Does it have the start and stop feature? I drove a rental a couple of years ago and really liked the feature. Didn't think much of it in the beginning. But, it got excellent mileage.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Very nice choice!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Are there any parts on that car which have "SAAB" embossed on them, or is that completely over?

Might a turbo engine option still be the SAAB engine?

Saab died almost a decade ago. So I'd say "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back