moog tie rods with no grease fittings :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

izz

I thought they all came with it, guess not, what does this mean I have to install them manually, wow, no other brands have them either on this car...

i need this, I don't care that it comes with lifetime warranty...

What? In my experience the non-greaseable ones are of a higher quality than the ones with fittings. I'd take them any time over the others.

The only ones I've ever had prematurely fail were Moog "Problem Solver" greaseable ends.

Whatever you do, do not drill holes in the ones you have now and put in fittings.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
What? In my experience the non-greaseable ones are of a higher quality than the ones with fittings. I'd take them any time over the others.

The only ones I've ever had prematurely fail were Moog "Problem Solver" greaseable ends.

Whatever you do, do not drill holes in the ones you have now and put in fittings.

That's my experience too. Especially true for U-joints.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
kschachn said:

That's my experience too. Especially true for U-joints.

And I would believe this is because the NON Zerk (u-joint) does NOT have the internal passage-ways for the grease to travel.
The OP was referring to Tie Rods. But good point about NOT reworking u-joints.

Back when all suspension parts had zerks, how long did they last ?

Today, 'sealed' (no zerk) is the way to go.

Last edited:
What the [censored] is a grease fitting?
smile.gif

I like the grease fitting's, every year just before I go for an inspection sticker,
I pump full of grease all the ones I can find, makes them nice and tight...
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn

This is the fact of the matter. Making a part more serviceable may not give longer life.

moog has always been top of line! remember when GM trucks hsd tie rod issues with OE TRW imported junk, my buddys alignment shop was busy, he said that the new OE replacements were even worse than worn ones at times!!! Moog was more $$$$ but a LOT better

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
How do you drill for a zerk fitting without contaminating it with shavings?

Put grease on your drill bit.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
How do you drill for a zerk fitting without contaminating it with shavings?

You don't. Do not drill fittings that aren't already greaseable. You're going to wreck them and it's completely unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back