QT/Quiktrip gas off of top tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it is still advertised as top tier gas on its website. I noticed toptier.com has recently taken QT/Quiktrip gas off of its list.

The top tier website says "licensed" brands. Did someone at QT headquarters forget to pay top tier the royalty fee?

I received a reply from QT today. They are finalizing the marketing agreement with Top Tier. Our gas gas has not changed and continues to meet all the requirements of the Top Tier fuel program.

Glad to see that. The QTs around here are all well maintained, clean, and competitive. I've actually been using E15 for a while now. QT is the only brand I've seen that even offers it. I have another thread I started regarding why I've been liking E15, though, I haven't been an ethanol fanboy.

You know, before I always thought QT was somewhere at the bottom of the barrel until I found out about the top tier gas website.

+1 Quick Trip is what I have been using for all the reasons stated above ... Glad to see they will become top tier "official" again soon .

Originally Posted By: crazy_raccoon
You know, before I always thought QT was somewhere at the bottom of the barrel until I found out about the top tier gas website.

I had never heard of "Top Tier" until well after I had been buying gas at QT for several years. Their stations around here are about the nicest around. They always have paper towels and relatively clean water and squeegees available. Their stores are clean and spacious. Finding out about Top Tier and that QT sold Top Tier gas was really icing on the cake because the prices are very competitive.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
I received a reply from QT today. They are finalizing the marketing agreement with Top Tier. Our gas gas has not changed and continues to meet all the requirements of the Top Tier fuel program.

Thanks for posting this. QT my favorite gas stations. Would have been disappointing for them not to keep TT gas.

I wonder if they are going to sign on for the new Top Tier Diesel program? Always had decent results with their fuel and love the clean stations!

Originally Posted By: csandste
QT is back on the 12-20 Top Tier List. Almost went in to c-store and made a scene.
Yes, I noticed that when I looked at the list a couple of days ago. Was the omission merely a typo, or did QT forget to pay its bill on time, or what?

We don't have QT where I am at.But when I am driving for work I will fill up there as they are usually cheaper than the other stores in the area.I have noticed they display top tier notices.

On that note BP displays "exceeds top tier" on their pumps.

The downside to using QT is that their coffee is usually execrable.....IMO.
frown.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if their gas is still as good as it was before when it was on the Top Tier page? I passed through Arlington, TX today and gas at QT was $1.98 for regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back