Celebrity "medium" marriage fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/d0c46b3a-acf8-3d30-bbbf-f5eec63c09bb/ss_%27long-island-medium%27-splits.html

Okay....the only reason I posted this was because down in the comments section I read where somebody said (paraphrasing) "She can communicate with the dead.....but not her HUSBAND"?

Too funny.

Shouldn't she have seen it coming?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Shouldn't she have seen it coming?
wink.gif

I'm not exactly a "believer," but a psychic/someone who can see the future is not the same thing as a medium/someone who can communicate with dead people.

She recently got famous and probably became independently wealthy, then decides to dump her husband... why am I not shocked?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Sometimes it's easier to get along with dead people.
smile.gif

Yeah, they normally don't talk back.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
She recently got famous and probably became independently wealthy, then decides to dump her husband... why am I not shocked?

Sadly, this seems to be the case with many celeb relationships. As soon as one spouse gets "famous" they realize they can do/have a variety of relationships, so off they go. I would suppose that sort of thing tells you that they really didn't have a strong, healthy one to begin with.

I know a guy that happened to. Well, his wife received a large inheritance, and decided to divorce her husband because she "didn't want to share". 30 years of what HAD been a happy marriage, down the tubes. The husband said he didn't care about the money, and was willing to sign anything she wanted to keep his hands off her money, to no avail. She literally went nuts. But at least she has her money. And is now alone.

I hope he keeps everything else and has the kids (likely adults now, with kids of their own) over for the holidays.

She can keep herself amused with her cherished money....

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I know a guy that happened to. Well, his wife received a large inheritance, and decided to divorce her husband because she "didn't want to share". 30 years of what HAD been a happy marriage, down the tubes. The husband said he didn't care about the money, and was willing to sign anything she wanted to keep his hands off her money, to no avail. She literally went nuts. But at least she has her money. And is now alone.

When I was younger, I heard from elders to never marry a woman who makes more money that you. They said "a lot of nonsense" can happen in the relationship.

I've learned never to make assumptions when it comes to relationships. The truth is something that both parties either keep under wraps, or will simply never admit to themselves.

When it comes to public figures, there has never been a point in history in which we have been forced to confront the fact that we REALLY have no idea who they are and what they're capable of than now. Recent events have made that very clear.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I've learned never to make assumptions when it comes to relationships. The truth is something that both parties either keep under wraps, or will simply never admit to themselves.

When it comes to public figures, there has never been a point in history in which we have been forced to confront the fact that we REALLY have no idea who they are and what they're capable of than now. Recent events have made that very clear.

What recent events have made what clear?

I honestly think 99.9 and 3/4% relationships only "work" out of convenience. They stay together either because of rugrats,financial security,etc,but don't "love" each other and probably have no idea what that state of mind called love really is.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I honestly think 99.9 and 3/4% relationships only "work" out of convenience. They stay together either because of rugrats,financial security,etc,but don't "love" each other and probably have no idea what that state of mind called love really is.

Who knows. I'm sure you are partially true.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

How many celebrities and public figures have been exposed for lewd activities over the past several months alone?

Originally Posted By: andrewg

How many celebrities and public figures have been exposed for lewd activities over the past several months alone?

While some of these figures may indeed be guilty...without being able to face the accuser and defend ones self instead of merely public opinion....isn't indicative of anything other than a huge trend right now. Some men have always been creepy and treated women poorly. Nothing new about that. What IS new is this bizarre upswing of females thinking it's okay to ruin a man's career/life over something that may or may not have happened decades ago. It's good to remember that just because a female says it's true....does not make it so.

Oh, I know. A lot of the accusations really smell fishy. Some of these cases, the evidence is so overwhelming, it's easy to see that something clearly went on there.

Other cases, the accused have simply copped to the situation.

I will agree that our society is on dangerous ground at this point. A small spark, regardless of accuracy, can start an inferno that will consume whomever happens to be standing in the way.

My only point was, who knows what goes on in people's relationships. This woman and her husband seem to describe their separation as amicable and mutual. True? Who knows. But I'd hardly come to the conclusion that she's turned into a cutthroat guarding her largesse.

Sometimes people do just call out of love, even after ma y years.

Oh, I know. A lot of the accusations really smell fishy. Some of these cases, the evidence is so overwhelming, it's easy to see that something clearly went on there.

We have the beginnings of a moral panic, I think. Certainly, some bad things have happened, and undoubtedly some very piggish behaviour. There are concerns, though, as you indicate.

If I'm the victim of a crime, I'm going to report it to the police. I'm not going to report it to Twitter or my lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back