Old Echo SRM 210 success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out the old trimmer last Thursday to do a final trim before the winter. When I pulled on the starter cord I nearly dislocated my shoulder, gas was pouring out of the air filter and the exhaust!! NOT GOOD! Quick research showed that I likely needed to rebuild the carburetor. So I took it apart to clear out all the fuel and jumped on the interweb to order a carb kit. Low and behold a carb kit was $11 and a whole new carb was $17, I think you know which direction I went. Two days later the carb, spark plug, air filter, fuel lines and filter arrived and it took all of about 10 minutes to throw it back together. I filled her up with fresh fuel pumped the bulb a few times and gave her a pull. Started on the second pull, and runs like new!

My generac generator did the same thing.. I think i got a carb for $15 off amazon.

The chinese rubber and seals dont like american ethanol.

I am mixing stabil marine 360 in all my ope stuff to avoid it i hope.

Originally Posted By: fenixguy
Sweet! How old is the trimmer?
I believe I purchased it in 2008 at Home Depot.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Does the new carb have adjustable mixture screws ?

It probably has a high speed mixture screw buried in the center of the throttle cam, possibly covered by a plug.

echomix.jpg

Those echo's are great trimmers. Have had issue with the Chinese rubber failing within months exposed to ethanol. Used oem echo parts and never a issue.

I just got an old SRM-210 running this summer.
It sat in my father in laws shed since my wife and I started dating on 2001.
He went into assisted living so I got my hands on it.
Needed a new carb and fuel lines and a new trimmer head.
Runs great now, my go to trimmer!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Does the new carb have adjustable mixture screws ?

It probably has a high speed mixture screw buried in the center of the throttle cam, possibly covered by a plug.

echomix.jpg

Thats it! But after installing it I didn't have to adjust at all.

- I try not to use ethanol fuel in my 2 strokes...I go to the marina and get fuel or use the expensive Tru fuel when I'm short on time. I believe my Stihl chainsaw still runs really well because of the ethanol free fuel.

The SRM-210 is my absolute favorite trimmer. I used to work on a and play with basically every brand in the market, and I never found one I liked more than the SRM-210. Those things are built like tanks, very powerful for the size, run excellent, and durable as all get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back