Concours Nova DC - why bother waxing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently had my car detailed with Concours Nova DC. It's a silica and diamond infused coating that is supposed to last up to 5 years. Every 6 months or so you wipe over with a layer of Concours Nova Jet to keep the shine and hydrophobic properties.

I did a search here and was supriseed to not find any talk about this product.

It seems to do away with the need to polish and wax every few months or even every year.

I'm very happy with the look of my car. Obviously it had to be cleaned, clayed and polished before applying Nova DC. But my ongoing maintenance for the next 3 to 5 years will be minimal provided I wash with ph neutral carwash with grit guards in the bucket and spray a bit of Nova Jet onto it.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/concours-nova-dc-30ml

At first glance of that webpage it all sounds good. One thing is the price point. Most people they are not going to lay out that amount of money for something they apply once every five years.

I also think that most people on this site who detail their cars exterior do it every few months or once a year. They also want to use products that are affordable and proven. They want good value for their money.

They like spending time with their cars and keeping them in good shape. Therefore they are not interested in doing less work year to year using more expensive products.

Originally Posted By: dirtydannyd

But my ongoing maintenance for the next 3 to 5 years will be minimal

Mine too. I just rub any rust that bleeds through the exposed primer with some aluminium foil and sunflower oil.

I too am very happy with the look of my car. Quite a lot of people seem to be offended by it.

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Mine too. I just rub any rust that bleeds through the exposed primer with some aluminium foil and sunflower oil.

I too am very happy with the look of my car. Quite a lot of people seem to be offended by it.

LOL!

Originally Posted By: JC1
At first glance of that webpage it all sounds good. One thing is the price point. Most people they are not going to lay out that amount of money for something they apply once every five years.

I also think that most people on this site who detail their cars exterior do it every few months or once a year. They also want to use products that are affordable and proven. They want good value for their money.

They like spending time with their cars and keeping them in good shape. Therefore they are not interested in doing less work year to year using more expensive products.

Point taken mate.

But a tub of wax like meg26 is about $50 here. Buffing pads are about 10-20 bux and clay bars and polish are't cheap. Then there are those who pay significantly more than product alone as they employ a detailer.

Personally I used to polish and wax my car a few years ago. Not any more as I'm pretty time poor now.

There are endless repetive 'meguiers vs mother' 'this vs that' 'blah vs blah' threads so here is something new and different. And sharing is caring
grin.gif
thumbsup2.gif

The simplest WOWA method I have heard of!

I've recently had my car detailed with Concours Nova DC. It's a silica and diamond infused coating that is supposed to last up to 5 years. Every 6 months or so you wipe over with a layer of Concours Nova Jet to keep the shine and hydrophobic properties.

I did a search here and was supriseed to not find any talk about this product.

It seems to do away with the need to polish and wax every few months or even every year.

I'm very happy with the look of my car. Obviously it had to be cleaned, clayed and polished before applying Nova DC. But my ongoing maintenance for the next 3 to 5 years will be minimal provided I wash with ph neutral carwash with grit guards in the bucket and spray a bit of Nova Jet onto it.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/concours-nova-dc-30ml

Wax every 5 years!!
crackmeup2.gif

Can't see it lasting 5 years.

But a tub of wax like meg26 is about $50 here. Buffing pads are about 10-20 bux and clay bars and polish are't cheap. Then there are those who pay significantly more than product alone as they employ a detailer.

Personally I used to polish and wax my car a few years ago. Not any more as I'm pretty time poor now.

There are endless repetive 'meguiers vs mother' 'this vs that' 'blah vs blah' threads so here is something new and different. And sharing is caring
grin.gif
thumbsup2.gif

So much was the coating you had applied?

Originally Posted By: hummdrumm

The simplest WOWA method I have heard of!

Sorry, not really up on detailing acronyms
What's that mean?
Wipe On Wipe Off? Doesn't fit.

Last edited:
If you're happy with it, fine. But as you stated you still need to go over it annually and I'd think there's more to it then a simple "wipe over".
Me, I like doing the whole wash, clay, polish and seal thing on our vehicles at least twice a year.

First I've heard of it but the new coatings have been popping up like flowers in the spring. If it works well for you then it was worth every penny.

Originally Posted By: Bear
If you're happy with it, fine. But as you stated you still need to go over it annually and I'd think there's more to it then a simple "wipe over".
Me, I like doing the whole wash, clay, polish and seal thing on our vehicles at least twice a year.

The annual "wipe over " is washing the car, drying it, spraying stuff onto microfiber and onto surface, wiping off with clean microfiber. No claying or anything. The DC sacrificial layer will supposedly still be there. The annual wipe over is to apply hydrophobic properties so the rainwater beads off (the Nove Jet product).

Apparently you don't apply any other layers on top of the DC coating.

I will post a pic in a years time for anyone who is interested in an update with details of what I have done throughout the year. Expect it to be minimal because I don't have any spare time!

Nov 2017. Just applied.
The deailer washed car, dried, clayed, paint correction with polish to remove scratches, then Nova DC coating then left in garage to cure for 24 hours.
All up he had the car for 3 days.

Looks pretty good to me. Keep us posted as top how it holds up. With all the new chemical research ands development going on now a days, the claims of long term paint protection for car care products may actually be true.

Update 2 months later. Jan 2018.

In the last 2 months through our summer the car has lived outside in the weather. I don't have a garage and the car is parked outside at work.

This is only the 2nd time I've washed it in the past 2 months. Nothing else has been done.

The water still beads and it's still got a gloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back