PCV Valve O-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Buick LeSabre
PCV Valve Kit: ACDelco 89017274
89017274_Primary__ra_p.jpg

You guys happen to know those O-ring sizes ?

The PCV Valve itself never wears out. I dunk it in mineral spirits to remove the oil and it's good as new.

If I remember correctly, I broke the MAP sensor housing (that black bracket) when I changed mine (it was good and stuck) and I was glad I purchased that particular kit. I'd go that route, personally.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

You guys happen to know those O-ring sizes ?

Bigger and smaller. Take them out, measure them, put them back in, drive to local ACE hardware, buy them, drive home, put them in. Or buy on Amazon for $15.07 or RockAuto for $15.88 and save time and gas money.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The PCV Valve itself never wears out. I dunk it in mineral spirits to remove the oil and it's good as new.

The internal spring does..

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Bigger and smaller. Take them out, measure them, put them back in, drive to local ACE hardware, buy them, drive home, put them in. Or buy on Amazon for $15.07 or RockAuto for $15.88 and save time and gas money.

I tried measuring the small one. It came out with a slight oval shape which threw me off. And then the cross section measurement is never easy either. Is it 1/16 or 3/32 ? I need to find a new one to measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back