Side Scroll Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side scroll bars are a pet peeve of mine. There's really no other way to say it other than to come right out and say how much I hate them. They make it very difficult to read a thread all because one of the posters doesn't know the correct way to post a link. I'll push the Notify button whenever I see a post causing a side scroll bar, but often times the moderators get a big kick out of it and leave me to wallow in my misery. Whatever.
cool.gif

Side Scroll Bar 1
Side Scroll Bar 2

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Not really a big deal to me

I bet there's something out there that is a big deal to you and you hate it with a burning passion.

Matter of fact, I'll bet my life on it right now!

What really irritates me are complaints about side scroll bars.....it is a big deal to me, and I hate the complaints with a burning passion.

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
What really irritates me are complaints about side scroll bars.....it is a big deal to me, and I hate the complaints with a burning passion.

[roll eyes smiley here]

That reminds me, the roll eyes smiley still doesn't work.

What I hate is when the entire thread is typed on one line. Is this what you are complaining of ? I don't read them anymore. I hate having to hit the space bare repeatedly.

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

THUMBS UP!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Side Scroll Bar 1
Side Scroll Bar 2

Merk, I re-check your links in 2 browsers (new Firefox and Chrome) and didn't see that...
Can you try a different browser on your Mac?

Or go BIG and just buy a 27" monitor... MMM MMM MMM, imagine all that "real estate".....

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Side Scroll Bar 1
Side Scroll Bar 2

Merk, I re-check your links in 2 browsers (new Firefox and Chrome) and didn't see that...
Can you try a different browser on your Mac?

Or go BIG and just buy a 27" monitor... MMM MMM MMM, imagine all that "real estate".....

Yeah, I didnt see them on a Firefox variant until I got the window down to about 1024 pixels wide. Up until that it just shifted everything to more lines.

What is your screen resolution and what browser are you using?

On my laptop with a 1360x768 and Chrome browser, this is what it looks like:

I tend to break up my text when typing though. I try to keep it to one line.

I have a few forums that don't handle large pictures correctly and they end up posting full size.
On a small screen, that is a lot of side scrolling.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
What is your screen resolution and what browser are you using?

15.4 inch (1440 x 900) Safari

Can't believe I'm posting this but, I actually agree with the Merkster on this one.
shocked.gif
When a link is posted that causes a required side to side scroll, I generally just leave/avoid the thread. Make no reply on it. Very irritating and some are so long it's downright absurd.

I see waynewillson fixed one that I too noticed recently, example two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back