Walmart shipping warehouse question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday 3 jugs of Mobil1 0W-40 were delivered on the day their website specified.

The box came from Spartanburg, NC...almost 800 miles away!

Does anyone know if that is some kind of "Super Walmart" or a Walmart Warehouse that only ships?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Yesterday 3 jugs of Mobil1 0W-40 were delivered on the day their website specified.

Does anyone know if that is some kind of "Super Walmart" or a Walmart Warehouse that only ships?

Where is Spartanburg,NC??

Last edited:
Lots of things you order from Walmart come directly from supplier is you order and specify two day mail. I've received oil that way and the package had someone other that Walmart on the return address.

Dropshipping is super common.

It's much cheaper for walmart to send the PO request to their supplier and have it shipped directly to the customer rather than for them to pay to ship it from their supplier to their warehouse, store it in the warehouse (every medium / larger organization has a cost associated with storing stuff in a warehouse).

Originally Posted By: Taildragger
Originally Posted By: Kira

Where is Spartanburg,NC??
I think he meant Spartanburg, SOUTH Carolina!

I got 4 Gallon of Mobil 1 Delvac 5w/40 at $22.xx they messed up the order (as usual at Walmart) they ended up giving me a 10% discount and the price came to 20.xx delivery to my house but my order came from Atlanta. Now I'm good for 2 oil changes at a great price.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
It is where the BMK plant is; I think the Z2 is assembled there.
BMW plant is in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Originally Posted By: DallasTexas
I got 4 Gallon of Mobil 1 Delvac 5w/40 at $22.xx they messed up the order (as usual at Walmart) they ended up giving me a 10% discount and the price came to 20.xx delivery to my house but my order came from Atlanta. Now I'm good for 2 oil changes at a great price.
I scored some of the M1 Euro 0W-40, but did not see the Delvac...missed that one.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I scored some of the M1 Euro 0W-40, but did not see the Delvac...missed that one.

If you want Mobil Delvac 1, the best most economical way to buy it is to find a source for 5 gallon pails. 6 to 8 times per year a country/ranch supply store near me sells it for every day price of $109.99 with a $60.00 mail in rebate. 2 per customer per year. Its probably the only reason I buy it!

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
If you want Mobil Delvac 1, the best most economical way to buy it is to find a source for 5 gallon pails. 6 to 8 times per year a country/ranch supply store near me sells it for every day price of $109.99 with a $60.00 mail in rebate. 2 per customer per year. Its probably the only reason I buy it!
Is that for 5W-40? If so, $12 after rebate per gallon for Delvac 1 ESP is a smoking deal.

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
Is that for 5W-40? If so, $12 after rebate per gallon for Delvac 1 ESP is a smoking deal.

Yes, Delvac 1 esp 5w40, at North Forty, used to be Big R. Montana, Idaho, Washington. We call it the Man's store, but there is plenty of ladies In there too....lol

Taxes are 6% in free Idaho. So, technically its even a few pennies less than 12 bucks a gallon, I currently have 15 gallons, and BIOG has had no Influence on this! I have been an oil hoarder for 25 years. My "Stash" prolly puts 99% here to shame...=:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back