Redline 15w40 6.7 Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
14jvvbb.png

Wear looks average overall; Al a bit high but too early to panic by any means.

That's a lot of money for a lube only used for 7.5k miles! Any lowly dino oil could do as well for far less cost. My recommendation is to either ditch the RL, or greatly extend your OCIs, to get any hope of ROI.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

That's a lot of money for a lube only used for 7.5k miles! Any lowly dino oil could do as well for far less cost. My recommendation is to either ditch the RL, or greatly extend your OCIs, to get any hope of ROI.

The oil is still in the sump so it wasn't changed.

I also want to point out that the engine is not stock. It makes about 650whp and I use the truck all the time to tow my race car trailer.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Yo = probably puts the torque 4 digits

Yes it makes over a 1000 foot pounds.

Originally Posted By: rrounds
How is the transmission holding up? And what did you do to help it live with that much TQ.

ROD

It has the G56 manual 6 speed so its holding up fine. Only mods as far as the transmission goes are a twin disc clutch, coolers and switched over to an MTF instead of the ATF it comes with from the factory.

Originally Posted By: Rendezvous

My apology! Their wording is a bit ambiguous at times. I made a bad presumption. Keep running out the OCI. Where/how do you sample? Do you have a sample port, a Fumoto, or a suction pump?

For a heavily mod'ed engine, this has decent wear.

Originally Posted By: Rendezvous

My apology! Their wording is a bit ambiguous at times. I made a bad presumption. Keep running out the OCI. Where/how do you sample? Do you have a sample port, a Fumoto, or a suction pump?

For a heavily mod'ed engine, this has decent wear.

It's okay no worries. I have a Fumoto valve installed so I took the sample using that.

I do my Dmax the same way. Great little item to have!

Yes I totally agree. It makes sampling and changing very easy.

If I didn't have the ability to slide a 5 gallon pail straight under my oil pan, I'd have a drain valve on my truck. The one time I used an oil drain pan, the oil flow was so massive that most of it ricocheted straight out of the pan and all over the ground.

That's a nice report, and I'm glad to see it. I was feeling bad over seeing 50ppm of Fe over 28k miles, but I guess it's actually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back