Ben McAdoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my unhappiness with the anthem protests and the lost season (2-10), I still care about my team.

Today was a great day. There has been very little to cheer about.

The Giants finally disabled Ben McAdoo's key card.

Christmas has come early for Giants fans.

Good move indeed.

I'm a Cowboys fan and feel i will have to suffer through many more seasons of Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones.
37.gif

Don't worry, the GIANTS are a top notch organization and will rebound nicely.

The Mara's are a classy family and getting rid of that loser and the GM was a smart decision. I am a pats fan and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to grab Josh McDaniels and draft a new QB (hopefully not another Tebow.)

I love my Texans but my crying towel does not even dry out between games.

Lifelong NE fan from the [censored] days but always appreciated the giants as classy until this guy!! So glad he has been shown the door. Pats and Giants gave us 2 of the top 10 Super Bowls of all time. Here’s to 2018 repeat matchup with a different ending of course
tired.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Good move indeed.

I'm a Cowboys fan and feel i will have to suffer through many more seasons of Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones.
37.gif

Don't worry, the GIANTS are a top notch organization and will rebound nicely.

Cowboys fan here too. As long as Jerry is calling the shots the dysfunction and futility will continue imo.

I'm an EAGLES fan and have total respect for Eli and think they did him wrong. McAdoo is a smug ______. Glad to see him gone and Eli back as the starter.

I wish I knew more about the importance of continuing his "Started Game" streak vis' the necessity of any team to start any other player vis' that replacement player's competency vis' the sheep.

The whole thing was badly bobbled. They all should've been reading the same paragraph.

Odd.

My limited understanding of football and the player's egos (I said understanding NOT awareness) leaves me wondering why Eli couldn't or wouldn't start these remaining 5 games and turn it over to another.

What would've been so insulting with that? The season was in the toilet anyway.

Everybody KNOWS that there is no real practicing of football because nobody will put out the force of a real game during a practice.
So, let a different guy QB the second half? What's the big deal?

And yes, I want to make sure "Poor Little Eli" gets some of the slop paint on his "abused / confused child" outfit.

Yeah, he wasted Manning's games started streak. By the way the Giants can have my team's coach, the Broncos' Vance Joseph. Meetings going on right now with him fighting for his job. Given how inarticulate and unprepared he always is, that can't be going well. Bad hire by Elway. Giants spanked Broncos in Denver about two months ago, while missing almost all their offensive weapons aother than manning.

I'm with you on the streak to whatever degree (once I become an expert) but it is still a game / business/ attraction which needs to be managed and any player's streak has to be secondary.

Eli's going to be on the radio live in few minutes.

This episode ran so hot that its "cooled down" state might be surprising.

Paid a few hundred thousand dollars to stand around for 4 hours with no chance of injury during a wasted season!? Where do I sign up!?

The talking heads on the pregame shows crying about Eli and his feelings and emotions made me think that I had accidentally turned on an episode of The View. I thought the guy from Regis and Kelly was going to cry!

At least Eli didn't have any interceptions! HA HA HA HAAA!

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Yeah, he wasted Manning's games started streak. By the way the Giants can have my team's coach, the Broncos' Vance Joseph. Meetings going on right now with him fighting for his job. Given how inarticulate and unprepared he always is, that can't be going well. Bad hire by Elway. Giants spanked Broncos in Denver about two months ago, while missing almost all their offensive weapons aother than manning.

Your boys are similar boat to Giants. Brady never ever just rolls into Denver and takes it. This year D didn’t fight. That is a team given up and a team given up is the coach shoulders.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
...and Marvin Lewis still has a job?!?

Marvin Lewis will certainly be out of a job on Black Monday.

Along with Chuck Pagano, Hue Jackson and John Fox.

Benching Manning was just stupid. It looked petty and smacked of "The Titanic's sinking, lets fix it by putting a new busser in the restaurant!"

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Paid a few hundred thousand dollars to stand around for 4 hours with no chance of injury during a wasted season!? Where do I sign up!?

The talking heads on the pregame shows crying about Eli and his feelings and emotions made me think that I had accidentally turned on an episode of The View. I thought the guy from Regis and Kelly was going to cry!

At least Eli didn't have any interceptions! HA HA HA HAAA!

LOL Post of the year. The best job inthe world is backup QB in the NFL!

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I'm an EAGLES fan and have total respect for Eli and think they did him wrong.

How so? The guy is 37 years old and has played like [censored] for the last 3 years. Yes, he won 2 SBs, but every QB runs out of time sooner or later, and I think Eli's time is up...

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
...and Marvin Lewis still has a job?!?

For the life of me I can't figure out how Lewis and Dalton have jobs every year...neither one of them are any good...

Eli is on the definite downswing and the Giants need to retool over the next couple of years. Unless they decide to use him as a mentor and assistant QB to show some youngster how to play over that time period, he has to go with his $20M plus salary.

Yes, Eli can still play and probably better than the bottom ten QB's in the league. But is he right for a rebuilding team at his salary?

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately and what can you do tomorrow" league, and not a "how many super bowls have you won more than 5 and ten years ago" league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back